Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia OC Todd Monken: Alabama ‘will get our best,’ unfazed by past performances

SystemSystem Posts: 10,520 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia OC Todd Monken: Alabama ‘will get our best,’ unfazed by past performances

ATHENS — Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken is a glass-half-full kind of guy when it comes to Stetson Bennett, all-in on putting the Bulldogs’ national title hopes on the shoulders of the former walk-on.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Preach on, Coach Monken! DGD! Let’s quash that Tide!

Go Dawgs! GATA! Hate on Bama!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a believer....Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

YES a very large part rests on Stetson. But he’s Got to have help. Our beloved Dawgs need to fire on all cylinders like a championship winning race car !! Even Better than vs Michigan. Can they do if ? YES they can !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have zero problem with Bennett getting the start and the game. I will not bash on him because he is a kid doing his job and I believe fully that he gives it everything he has when he is on the field. That said, if it does come to a point where he may be struggling, we cannot be afraid to substitute, be that for a single play, a series or the remainder of the game.

I do believe Bennett can lead the offense to the win over Alabama. I also believe any of our quarterbacks can do that. I think they are all capable and skilled and we should have no fear of changing if needed. That said, I am normally calling for a change when we are blowing the other team out. Curiously, we have not done that the last few games and that seemed irresponsible to me on Smart’s part but in this game, the last game of the season, I want to keep the foot on the gas the entire game and beat the absolute snot out of Alabama. I want our best on the field, on both sides of the ball, the entire game.

I want to embarrass alabama and their smug coach.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If they can get to B Young, they have a shot. They have to stop the run and hit the qb. UGA has the firepower to do this.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I firmly believe this game comes down to the coaches. Both teams will be pumped and prepared and Georgia certainly has the raw skills and talent to win, but in the end it's whether we can take them down for all 4 rounds. Will we? I'm not sure. We often attack first and get a lead, but then Bama adjusts and we don't and they wind up killing us. Being up at halftime means nothing. Saban is going to have a plan to beat us and will adjust - will we adjust to his adjustments?

In many ways, we are like the "good guy" in your stereotyical good-vs-bad movie. We are the Karate Kid who is all over the place, while Cobra Kai has consistent domination and Saban is Sensai Krease who will tell them to "sweep the leg" or elbow their other eye. We are Maverick (again, pure talent but all over the place) while Bama is Iceman: cold, consistent and dominate.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No reason to bring up JT's name anymore - while Smart continues to talk about how good he is, he's failed to get any sort of playing time: not even a snap vs Michigan. I think no matter what, we've seen the last time that JT will play with a Georgia jersey.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK Monken, let's see what is your best. Remember, we can't just play one half of excellent football. We need 60 minutes of non-stop brilliant execution.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So much riding on scheme and how UGA adapts on both sides of the ball. Here is hoping we get the best of them this time. Go DAWGs.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Please don't think you have to be "balanced." Go with what is working. BAMA only had 120 yards rushing against us the 1st game and beat the pants off of us. If passing is working for us thenstick with it.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sacking Young multiple times with teeth rattling hits is the key to victory for us.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Gotta pressure Young. If we don’t, he’s basically unstoppable.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems like a lot of UGA coaches and players talking to the media about what they're working on and what they planned to do. Haven't heard a peep out of Bama this week. Seems like the time for preparation not media relations.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t feel the Dawgs have revealed anything more than Saban did in his press conference. Everyone, on both sides, knows both teams will likely scheme things up differently this time around. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Monken - coming from the NFL - has plenty of experience facing the same team 2-3 times in a season.

That experience should be a bonus. He's had enough experience to know how much to change and how much change is too much.