Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Cover 4 on Georgia football: What’s the big weakness for Alabama the Bulldogs must exploit?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,451 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageCover 4 on Georgia football: What’s the big weakness for Alabama the Bulldogs must exploit?

DawgNation’s “Cover 4″ concept is a popular live show on our streaming media platforms and a timely content piece on DawgNation.com, too.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This might sound overly ambitious and a bit crazy on my part. And I’m Not even saying our Dawgs will do it, I am saying they Can. And will Need to finally beat that Ole Gridiron Wizard Nick Saban and the Tide. Our Dawgs need to beat Bama on ALL fronts !!

• Options

To continue my comment before this site refreshes. Dawgs need to be Better in ALL facets of the game to win. Starting with beating Bama in the trenches on BOTH sides of the ball. Our Secondary needs to have the Best game they’ve had. Same for our QB, RBs, TEs and Receivers !!

• Options

In conclusion the Dawgs are gonna have to Out Play Bama. So much so that No Matter if Saban changes tactics during the game the Dawgs will not only match his move but Better his move. That’s the only way they can break through in my humble opinion. And I think they Can do it but only the game will tell if they Will do it . Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If UGA will ratchet up the intensity and execution form 50% last try to 100% Jan 10.;.;they win.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I doubt if any of these so called "experts" have any idea what Bama's weakness is, so take what they say with a grain of salt. Most of them can barely string 10 words into a coherent sentence.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And Brandon Adams... Georgia kept Bama's running game in check in the SEC Championship game (about 120 yds.) So how did that work out?

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alabama is soft up the middle on defense….pound it in the run game to open up the play action pass game. It’s really that simple…..don’t believe it….watch al/fl/LSU/auburn……big holes in the first gaps. These “experts “really have no idea.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting.

I'd say Bama can be beat in the trenches, but we failed big time the first game when it came to exploiting anything.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Mike6453Mike6453 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Contain Bryce Young first, then get the sack. The last game we let him get in the perimeter too much and he torched our secondary

• Options
    TNDawg81TNDawg81 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

This sounds like we are depending on Alabama injuries to win the game. It didn’t work out so well when we anticipated an inept Alabama offensive line in the SEC champ game.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

"In conclusion the Dawgs are gonna have to Out Play Bama. So much so that No Matter if Saban changes tactics during the game the Dawgs will not only match his move but Better his move. That’s the only way they can break through in my humble opinion. And I think they Can do it but only the game will tell if they Will do it . Go Dawgs !!"

So, the Dawgs have to perform better and Alabama has to perform worse than the last encounter? I agree.

BUT, Kirby has to match or exceed Saban's game planning and management - especially Saban's ability to adjust quickly. Kirby has demonstrated weakness at this in the past. He's just too stubborn for his/our own good.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Control the line of scrimmage, ample pressure on Young, and decent coverage from our secondary wins the game.

And we can't just play excellent football for 30 minutes. We've got to make adjustments quickly as needed and play excellent football for 60 minutes....something we have failed to do against Bama time and again.

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

You are really saying that if the Dawgs outplay Bama, we win. I can't disagree.

BUT you also are saying that Kirby has to outcoach Saban. Until he does, odds are, he can't.

• Options
    LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

the refresh is dumb as ****