Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

CFP Championship Live Blog: Kirby Smart and Nick Saban share biggest concerns

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby is right, offensively we are shooting ourselves in the foot by getting behind the sticks, be it penalties, poor execution on the line or something else! Have to clean it up and Open the offense up some. I think we will do that if we stop getting behind the sticks. Defensively, #5 needs to pick it up, he been caught out of position and beat on a couple plays. One leading to that last field goal. We have 30 mins to change the narrative with Alabama and to wipe away the pain of 42 years. Let’s go Dawgs!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Elite QB play is the missing piece. We have elite players at all skill positions except QB. I hope we have been developing Vandegriff the way Bama was developing Young last year. Regardless of Stet’s and JT’s decisions, they are not the QBs to maximize the offensive potential.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

O line looks terrible. Out of sync. Salyer is getting abused. The good news is we beat ourselves in the first half and are still in the game. I have no clue how this one plays out. Saban said some young, inexperienced Bama players need to step up. Dawgs -- our veteran players need to step up and stop with the mistakes, the off sides, etc. UGA playing way too tight.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would like to see a switch up on offense to start the second half. Either more counters, wide receiver screens or RPO. Alternatively, give Daniels a series as I believe there are receivers open that Bennett is too afraid to throw to.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Two touchdowns and an extra point and we will be the national champions.

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

Switching to Neil and Hondo on SEC Network.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't remember every seeing Brock throw the ball all year. So I have to believe that he is not developed, unfortunately. That is why Kirby is still behind the 8 ball.

• Options

Two quarters to greatness what you going to do dogs

• Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby needs to adjust, now. Time for JT.

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

There has to be some reason that JT is not playing that no one will say / I love Stetson but he is not an elite QB. The team deserves to win over whatever is going on behind the scenes. This is on Kirby - he should have went back to JT 5 games ago.

Just unreal!! The clear difference is QB play/ if not for the defense we would be getting beaten soundly

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

That would be Eric and Hondo

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

DAMMIT KIRBY MAKE THE SWITCH WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE LETS ATLEAST GO OUT SWINGING

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

No run game. Let JT sling it or we lose.

• Options
  • Options
    dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hard to believe Kirby didn’t give Anderson an offer.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shooting ourselves in the foot yet again...intentional grounding and drive comes to an abrupt stop. Wasted opportunity again....

• Options

It looks like we have no clue on offense we can't start even to save our lives and we have really one explosive play come on guys it's the national championship.

• Options

Come on defense we need you again please

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The grounding call was the first real missed call tonight. Pickens clearly stopped his route. Had he continued, the pass would have still been incomplete but closer. That’s not grounding.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Horrible call…but we can’t get out of own way. Our passing game is just horrible without play-action. Our D can’t keep this up. Bama will break one sooner or later and at this point I’m not sure we can even score 10 points.