Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nick Saban to Kirby Smart: ‘You guys kicked our a** in the fourth quarter’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageNick Saban to Kirby Smart: ‘You guys kicked our a** in the fourth quarter’

Nick Saban had a blunt message for Kirby Smart when the two coaches shook hands after the game:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm so proud of this team!!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hope Williams is ok, other than that go Dawgs

• Options
    leebonnerleebonner Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

The first touchdown of the year and the last touchdown of the year were on a pick six. Reminds me of last year when we opened with a safety on Arkansas and closed it with a safety against Cincy.

• Options
    leebonnerleebonner Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

We beat 5 teams in the final top 25

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to see any player get hurt, especially during a game that means so much. Losing Williams really hurt Bama's offense, and it showed. Hopefully the injury isn't as serious as it looked..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One thing that really bothered me about the game was how conservative the offense was... until Georgia NEEDED a TD and then we were aggressive. I mean, at the beginning of the game, we'd try a simple up-the-middle run that didn't work and then try it again and then a short pass on 3rd and long that had zero chance to get a 1st down. Only when we NEEDED it did we try to do bigger plays.

Then, with 1:29 left in the Half (at our 10 yard line) with 2 timeouts, Smart just basically runs out the clock to the half. 3 point game and you aren't even going to TRY to get into FG position? I'd understand if you have 20 seconds left at your 5 yard line, but 89 seconds with timeouts is plenty to at least TRY to get one more score in. 

Our offense played the whole try-not-to-lose and we couldn't even get into Field Goal position when we intercepted on the Bama 43 yard line. 

The Defense deserves all the respect for this game and proved they are the best in the country.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Who says that the media thinks Saban walks on water and "it's now or never for UGA"? Media says AL beats UGA by 17 in a "blowout" and UGA "squeaks by" AL by 15.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

But last time we were aggressive on offense and conservative on defense and it didn’t work. Don’t question it, just enjoy it.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's been 0 years since Georgia won a natty! Let that sink in...