Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Alabama QB Bryce Young takes blame for 33-18 loss to Georgia, ‘that’s on me’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,688 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageAlabama QB Bryce Young takes blame for 33-18 loss to Georgia, ‘that’s on me’

INDIANAPOLIS — Alabama quarterback Bryce Young felt the heat from Georgia’s dominant front seven throughout the CFP Championship Game on Monday night, and then he took the blame in the aftermath.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No, Mr. Young, it is on Stetson Bennett. After “the fumble” he led an elite drive and burned your D deep on what he knew was a free play. Better luck next year!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They can talk about losing their receivers all they want, and every outlet is doing that, but let's not forget we had a walk-on at quarterback and the guy that caught the longest pass for us missed 9/10 of the season with a torn ACL.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bryce Young didn’t lose that game. Just like winning it’s a Team situation win or lose. Bryce Young is a phenomenal player. And from all I’ve seen and read about him he’s a fine young man as well. I’m a Dawgs fan through and through, but I want to say this Bama Team earned respect. They could have easily folded and lost after the fierce game they had with Auburn but they fought back, Hard. Made it to the National Championship. Coach Saban has time and again earned respect. I’m saying these things Hoping that some Bama fans might come here and see them. But our beloved Dawgs Earned that National Title win last night to. No one gave the Dawgs any thing. I’m sure Bama will come roaring back next year. That’s their pedigree. They are a proud and successful program. But rest assured our Dawgs will be back to. I’d be extremely and very pleasantly shocked if we could win it again next year with so many of our best guys leaving many to the NFL. But Nothing says our Dawgs can’t win it again, and I’m very confident they will be strongly in the hunt. So maybe we’ll see y’all again Bama. But for right now this is the Year Of The Dawg !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm probably not as versed on the specifics of some of the calls by the officials last night but that won't stop me from commenting. It seemed like the Tide got the benefit of the doubt on several key plays. The early Bryce Young fumble/incompletion as well as Bennet's fumble/incompletion. The intentional grounding call baffled me, it looked to me like Pickens got held up as he was going downfield.

Otherwise, it wasn't the prettiest game but the most satisfying one in 41 years. Great win for the team, the fans, the University of Georgia and the State of Georgia.

Can't wait for the next edition!

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

He isn’t a big guy, maybe weighs a little more than Stetson, and he took a beating last night and kept popping back up to battle. Kudos to him.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really surprised me after the game when BYoung congratulated SBIV that they looked to be the same height.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it shows how Bama can make a good player great and a great player outstanding with the right elite receivers. For some reason, we always seem to do the reverse and get a load of QBs and then no one to throw it to.

2022 Recruits: Bama #3, #24 - Georgia #33, #38

2021: Bama #2, #5, #6, #10 - Georgia #64 (A. Mitchell)

I'm hoping we can grab more WRs from the Transfer Portal since players see what we can do now.