Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs’ national championship win is a tale of redemption

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageDawgs’ national championship win is a tale of redemption

It just means more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 277 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The book is now complete. Just get a good publisher and sign me up for an autographed copy, Bill.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wonderful post and story Bill !! Loved it !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How refreshing to read an outstanding story by a professional journalist! Sadly, a dying breed!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saban is the master at dictating the matchup he wants by choosing plays and formations based on how tape shows it will be covered. Clearly he targeted Poole #31 as a place to exploit. Bolden #18 had 6-7 catches there in the 1st half. Saban also moved WAnderson over RG Ericson and had great success there. Not sure what CKS did or said to Poole but moving Salyer to RG in the 2nd half solidified the OL for the 2nd half. Great move.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

GREAT article Bill, thank you so much for the personal touch. The dawgs win is something for the ages, and I bet we are not done yet...BAMA will now have to pass through GEORGIA when they want to touch a natty. I see several more championship wins in the near future. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's interesting to wonder if we would've won this game had we not been so embarrassed at the SEC Championship game. I also wonder if Bryce Young still would've been selected to be Heisman if voting was happening right now.

• Options
    kevinelderskevinelders Posts: 5 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bill, thanks for the story. It has always been a pleasure to read your work, and although you write here regularly, it's not enough. Thanks for your contributions over the years, as a true Georgia man and fan. I think that's why your work resonates with me (and certainly many others). Safe to say, we miss your work.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article Bill, I just have a different take on winning the NC and being OK with losing just thankful to be here approach. THese chances come far and few between and you have to strike while the iron is hot. We may be back next year or the year after, but as you know in football anything longer than 5-6 years is an eternity. Do it when you have the chance. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I might take the "just glad to be here" approach if we weren't the best team in the country, but we are!

• Options
    bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Glory, Glory to Old Georgia! Great article, Bill. It's always great to be a Bulldog, but none better than this season. The National Championship was the perfect birthday present this year. Let's enjoy this as long as we live and look forward to next season and the years to come.

Go Dawgs!!!!