Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jalen Carter does it all for Georgia football in National Championship victory: ‘The guy is a stud’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,713 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageJalen Carter does it all for Georgia football in National Championship victory: ‘The guy is a stud’

Georgia football defensive tackle Jalen Carter had a massive game for Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I felt like he should have been defensive player of the game

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

You are sooooooo incredibly correct. You, me and others like Hemingway, Navy Dawg, Big Mike and others took a beating all season for believing in the Mailman. He certainly delivered over the past 2 seasons. MVP of both the NC game and Orange Bowl. The Walk-on beat the Heisman Trophy winner. What else can we say? Go Dawgs and Go Stetson!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't mean to be an a-hole, but while it certainly wasn't his fault (he was running for his life most of the game) I wouldn't call it Bennett's best game. The Michigan game was a far more polished game and I think he deserved the Offensive MVP then while the Defense really was really the MVP here.

Would JT have done better? No clue. Young didn't exactly shine when under heavy pressure and without his all-star WRs and he was the Heisman Winner.

I wonder if the Heisman were determined today if he still would've won...

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Literally not one Stetson basher anymore. It’s almost like what happens each individual game doesn’t matter so long as they are W’s or you learn and grow from them to reach your goal.

After seeing his relief and emotion following the pick six I couldn’t help but think, “a lot of dawgnation owes that boy a MASSIVE apology”.

• Options
    CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of course there are no critics here now, what would be the point? However, that doesn’t mean the concerns and critiques were all completely unwarranted or not valid along the way and it certainly doesn’t automatically make fans into ”bashers” for expressing them. Neither does this win make the “I told you so” fans into prophets or seers. Let’s not start applying some random litmus tests to our Dawg family for who’s a “true” fan and who’s not. We all rise and fall together.

Sure, there was raw emotion at play at times and some unfair and ungrounded commentary around Bennett, but I believe it was tempered by the collective wisdom and optimism of the fanbase and the desire for the program to succeed. Stetson absolutely had something to prove Monday - even as late into the game as the 3rd quarter - in my opinion but he rallied, and the team stiffened up and met the challenge.  

Our fanbase has a deep and abiding love and knowledge of UGA football- its history and its players - and I kind of prefer a bit of over-critical concern (within reason, of course) to pie-in-the-sky or head-in-the-sand outlooks of some fan bases.

GO DAWGS! UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!