Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who is glad now that we played Auburn in the SEC Championship game?

dawgdude65dawgdude65 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited December 2017 in General

Who is glad now that we played Auburn in the SEC Championship game? 48 votes

Glad we played Auburn?
93%
donmamjadawgsBigGAdawgJoelSidneyKellysuperblackeagleCharlestowneDawgmattmd2CZCashvilleDawgtfk_fanboyJMFDArchDawg90Tdub0199Racin_Jasonhall1138cf_ugamanHotDawgsAndMustarddawgDiablo_and_DocAkonoldon42 45 votes
Would still rather have had Bama?
6%
mleedawgnation7greshamdisco 3 votes

Comments

• hall1138hall1138 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Glad we played Auburn?

BOOM!!

• OldSaltyDawgFanOldSaltyDawgFan Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Glad we played Auburn?

Guess I always thought the majority wanted Auburn solely for the revenge aspect.

• DaWGfan01DaWGfan01 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    Glad we played Auburn?

The next morning after our loss to the barn, I wanted them to beat bammer, so we potentially had the ability to beat every team we played this year, plus I hate the barn more than bammer because we play them every year.

Go DaWGs

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Glad we played Auburn?

Personally, would like to face Bama in big game.

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JMFD said:

Me too.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was there a Pre Iron Bowl poll? That would be the interesting one.

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Glad we played Auburn?

So we are the only team that has one loss that actually beat the team they lost to... how bout them apples.

Its basically like being the only undefeated team in the playoffs.

Man that revenge feels good too!

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Glad we played Auburn?

@JMFD said:

Georgia still has a chance to play Bama in (the) big game.

• HWH3HWH3 Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman
    edited December 2017

Bama is the happiest that we played Auburn in the SEC CG- otherwise, they would be at home January 1st. Glad we had Auburn- that whole "dog crap" comment just kinda ate at me (but I'm over it now).

• dawgdude65dawgdude65 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Glad we played Auburn?

@BamaDawg said:
    Was there a Pre Iron Bowl poll? That would be the interesting one.

Yes there was. I tried to find it but I could not find it. I voted Auburn then too.

• mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I loved that we got to beat up on Auburn but I’m so sick of hearing Bama this and Bama that! If we would have beaten them maybe everyone would shut up about Bama! I mean ESPN loves them so much that they are now the favorites to win it all.. Sorry for the Rant but they don’t deserve all this love they are getting this yr!

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Glad we played Auburn?

@mlee said:
    I loved that we got to beat up on Auburn but I’m so sick of hearing Bama this and Bama that! If we would have beaten them maybe everyone would shut up about Bama! I mean ESPN loves them so much that they are now the favorites to win it all.. Sorry for the Rant but they don’t deserve all this love they are getting this yr!

probably true but I love coming in under the radar with no respect from anyone. Much better than being the target of everyone else.

Glad we played Auburn?

I put this poll up after we beat Auburn in the SEC championship game and was glad we got them over again. Now I am glad we get to play Bama for the National Championship. Best of both worlds. You can't be the best till you beat the best....So looks like tonight we get the best.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Glad we played Auburn?

@dawgdude65 said:

You can't be the best till you beat the best....So looks like tonight we get the best.

Things having worked out the way they did - I think this is the best possible way. Get revenge on Auburn, then get to prove ourselves again by playing Bama. Had we lined up tonight against Clemson, or Ohio State, or whoever, there would've been that lingering question "could we have beaten Bama?" Tonight we get a chance to answer that question. Go Dawgs!!

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mattmd2 said:

@dawgdude65 said:

You can't be the best till you beat the best....So looks like tonight we get the best.

Things having worked out the way they did - I think this is the best possible way. Get revenge on Auburn, then get to prove ourselves again by playing Bama. Had we lined up tonight against Clemson, or Ohio State, or whoever, there would've been that lingering question "could we have beaten Bama?" Tonight we get a chance to answer that question. Go Dawgs!!

Yep. If OSU had been the #4, I have no doubt that we would win the NC tonight. I think we easily handle Clemson or OSU. Bama, despite not winning the SEC or even playing in the SECCG... or not winning the NC last year, is still the team to beat in college football.

• Hot__DawgHot__Dawg Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Glad we played Auburn?

I think that it was important for our guys to have that win against Auburn in the SECCG. I think that benefitted them in the comeback win against Oklahoma, and will benefit them if Alabama gives them some trouble in the NCG.

• dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would have rather played Alanna because if they beat us in the National Championship then our SEC championship means much less in my opinion.

Glad we played Auburn?

@dawgnation7 said:
    Would have rather played Alanna because if they beat us in the National Championship then our SEC championship means much less in my opinion.

UGA would not be here if we had not gotten our revenge on Auburn. I think it gave the team a little more fight with the SECCG win and a lot more confidence. If they would not had that confidence then they don't win the Rose Bowl.

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Glad we played Auburn?

It has played out perfectly. Had we played Bama and won the SECCG and got this far, then everyone would point to that loss against Auburn.

Since we beat Auburn, and IF we beat Bama there will literally be NOTHING they can point at and say well they failed here, or didnt accomplish this, etc etc. This is a No "Buts" scenario. "But they didnt play bama, but they lost to auburn, bla bla"

This has played out to perfectly to leave ZERO excuses for UGA being the CHAMPS with a "but".