Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett: ‘I’m going to play football this year — we’ll see where’

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If SB is wanting CKS to declare him the starter then he isn't a bad guy. He just wants what he deserves. WHo wins the NAtty and doesn't get to be the declared starter? Now does that mean a coach can't change his mind if injury or someone else clealy outshines SB? You know the answer.

• Options

This QB threw for 10,875 yards and 114 TD's in college and wasn't "Pro" material. Would you not want him starting for you?

• Options

If danny Weufel had 1 more year of eligibility after winning the NAtty wouldn't you want him starting for you?

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"We'll see where". How about Auburn, they need a quarterback!

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

The dust has not yet started to settle on the big 24ct trophy & we're arguing about who should be next year's QB & whether or not Stetson even deserves to make a decision about his own future?

It's a long time until the Dawgs meet the Ducks in Atlanta. As we saw over the past year, a lot can & will happen before then. Georgia's 2022 schedule is set up for another run at a title whether it's Stetson, JT, Chip, Brock or Gunner at QB.

Let's enjoy what these guys including Bennett #4 accomplished & let the soon to be highest paid coach in college ball earn his $10+ million salary. Whether we agree, like or hate his decisions, it is his decision. Based on the fact he has become a National Champion coach at a younger age than the great Saban, I will trust whatever Coach Smart decides & just enjoy calling my Dawgs & barking til I'm horse like I did Monday night. Hopefully 15 years for now, we will be talking about Dan Lanning trying to prevent Smart from winning his 10th national title surpassing the long retired Nick Saban & being considered the greatest coach ever.

Go Dawgs!!! Sic em'!!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And what kind of talent did Bobo have to work with at those three schools ? None, None, and None !! The best OC in the world has to have at least some talent to work with !! Bobo wouldn’t have that problem at UGA. And Now he’s a Much More experienced Bobo than he was as the very young Then OC in his previous stint at UGA. He’s seen all sorts of Defenses including our own Dawgs. I think he’d do very well .

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

ATLDawg4ever Your 1st post was the best post I have seen regarding the situation. Could not have said it better. What is best for the UGA program? SBIV for 1 more season or BrockV for 3 more seasons? If SBIV comes back it is a given that JTD, CB and BV all hit the transfer portal. IF CKS knew he had Arch Manning coming in that would make the decision easier. According to CKS players "earn" starts and playing EVERY WEEK with how they prepare and perform in PRACTICE. Everyone welcome to come back. Starts will be earned in practice every week. The good news either way? UGA is a preferred destination for quality players out of the TP. UGA can cherry pick players including QB's out of the TP just like AL does.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

This is what I Hope to be my last comment on this subject. BOTH Kirby and Stetson Love UGA. Neither are S t u p I d men. Both will do what is morally right. Both will in the end put UGA first. Lastly Kirby will never Guarantee a player even playing time less alone be the starter. ALL will be well. Now all True Dawgs savor the Ntl. Title Win !! Trolls hit the exit door !! Go Dawgs !! P.S. Dawgs will be right back in contention for a play off spot !!

• Options

Anyone want a heretofore unproven starting QB going against ORegon in the 1st game of the year? If so, speak up.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior

If I were Stetson and Moncken leaves, I'd call it a career and move on to the next stage of life.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, as a former walk-on who climbed the mountain, why isn't "undrafted free agent" to Super Bowl champ on the bucket list? In fact, why isn't the (according to comments and some media) greatest QB in UGA history not mentioned at all in NFL circles?

Hey, he's in a tough spot. He's a great guy. He can play the game, especially with a generational defense backing him up.

It'll be interesting, to say the least. But we'll know a lot soon because the portal is calling (not necessarily for him, but for all players) as are coaching openings. Nobody's going to wait until the Fall to make a move.

Great fodder for DNation. Keeps the comments lively at the very least.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

Sorry for the War and Peace novel. It's just an opinion. To start, I am in no way stating that I do not want Bennett back, just questioning what it might mean. And is it good for the future of UGA football.

Not to argue Shoot, but let's take away the 4 cupcakes that UGA played, that they didn't play last year. 2 FCS, GT, and Vandy. Take those teams away, he technically led them to 30.6 points per game. Well the teams offense averaged that. Including the 3 playoff games. In 11 games Uga scored 337points. Excluding the clemson game, it's 10 games for 327 points for Bennett led teams.

He is a winner and led a championship run, absolutely. No debating that. Super happy and excited.

I am just thinking more of the future. If Bennett comes back, then JT, CB and maybe even Brock may leave. If so, that doesn't leave much in the qb room. This year's team needs to average more then 32 points a game. As GREAT as the defense was, next year they are going to give up more points then they did this year. They will have some shutouts, to help the average ppg, but against several teams, MAY give up more. Don't know for a fact, but likely. The defense will still be good, but losing what they may lose, there will probably be a step back.

I'm not bashing anyone or disliking this team, just pointing out some things I truly believe. May still be wrong, won't know until unfortunately, it's too late. Now if JT is leaving anyway, as is CB, then I rather keep Bennett. I believe BVG is going to be good, but definitely needs more experience. And that falls on kirby. Maybe I would feel better about the qb situation if the backups got more meaningful reps. They just didn't. With 4 massive blowouts, BVG threw 1 pass this year? That's sad. Especially since he was basically 3rd, since JT was considered injured.

With all the inexperience at qb, behind Bennett or JT, this could get tricky. I still think CB is gone regardless. So I'm not saying I want Bennett gone, but if he stays, is UGA still going to average 32 ppg? Are they going to lose some backups? Maybe I'm just spoiled because of the defense this year. But I'm not ready to go back and watch UGA win against UF, UT and UK by 3-8 points. I liked watching them win by 17+. Never felt my heart skip beats late in games. LOL. Like I said, not being argumentative, just thoughts. Congrats on the celebration of the NC. And I'm enjoying it like everyone else. Good day, and GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Not sure anyone has addressed what "decisions" SB didn't know if he could trust? Sounds like someone renigged on their word somewhere down the line about something.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bennett over Justin "Deer-in-the-headlights" Fields any dang day. Fields was awful in SEC play.