Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

A closer look at Stetson Bennett’s puzzling comment

Comments

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am very thankful for the job Stetson did this year. At the same time I am hopeful that he will not come back for another season. Stetson is not and will not be the most talented QB on the team, and I fear that his return will be a source of controversy among the fans and his team mates. His comment about trust could be a look into the future if he returns.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

After watching that video again, I have to say that it makes me feel uncomfortable, and I'm not sure why. I think maybe it's because Stetson's answers aren't meeting my expectations. He comes across as being mad or upset about something, when I think he should be euphoric. Also, I didn't think Strahan deserved Stetson's sarcastic comment about getting free drinks. He actually comes across as entitled.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not trash talking Bennett. He represents UGA. Is the face of the offense. I just don't think questioning if he can trust the coaches' decisions (in a national interview - no less) is a good or proper way to represent UGA.

I'm glad Kirby made the right decision and gave him the starters position. I'm glad Bennett was there for UGA. They were also there for him. I expect him and every other player to be grateful for their opportunity. Questioning his trust in the coaches was disrespectful and could actually hurt recruiting.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetson is not irreplaceable. He should watch what he says to the media.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dude needs to leave on top, will always be glad he won us a NC, but still would prefer another QB next year

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

My brother works for a company that fixes burst water pipes and has been going to SB apartment for the past couple of months, says him and his mom are real pricks and puts there nose up to people. Aaron Rodgers syndrome if you ask me

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ride into the sunset....law school, coaching, radio host, worked for Buck! Just not starting QB at UGA!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The interviews from the cfp reinforced the Bennett decision from monken’s own mouth. What I’m excited to see is BRock Vandergrift after spending a year in Monkens system.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What did he mean? I think you know what it means. Bennett started the year practicing with the Scout Team and while he knows that no one will guarantee him a starting position (see likely reasons why Newman and maybe Fields left), they CAN guarantee him to be practicing with the 1s in the beginning.

Think like him and ask what he'd want to ask. If JT stays and Vandagriff is now a 2nd year and Stockton coming hard, who gets to practice with the 1s?

I believe that Smart told him he would start with the 1s and that'll likely be pushing JT or Vandagriff out.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I could certainly be wrong so please correct me if I am. But this is the only interview as of right now where he actually answered to some extent those questions. That said and I’m very serious here. I think he was Very hung over. I think he had a ton of cob webs in his head. And I wouldn’t try to read a whole lot into the things he said Or his attitude in that interview. In summary All will end up well for Stets, Kirby, our Dawgs, and Dawg Nation. Enjoy and Savor the National Title they just won. And stop worrying lol !!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

To me, Stetson looked like he had just woken up from 3-4 hours of sleep and wasn’t thinking clearly. That said, his trust the coaches comment had to rub Kirby the wrong way. I think that if Stet really wants to play next season he should check out the rosters of some PAC 12 teams. Perhaps Stanford could use a grad transfer QB? Getting a free year to live in Palo Alto would be a sweet way to go out. He doesn’t need the pressure and grind of the UGA program after winning it all last season.