Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia quarterback JT Daniels expected to enter the transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia quarterback JT Daniels expected to enter the transfer portal

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback JT Daniels is expected to enter the transfer portal after meeting with Kirby Smart, but he may remain enrolled at UGA until he graduates this spring.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Unfortunately, that's not surprising. Daniels has every reason to feel like he didn't get a real shot at it - he was likely ready to play before he went in on 2020 and barely saw the field after recovering from injury in 2021.

I'm sad to see him go, but only a fool would blame him. All we can hope is that he doesn't transfer to another SEC school nor a Top 10 school. He will have a long list of schools wanting him however.

Interesting to see if Beck decides to leave or stay now.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

not surprising given how this season played out for him. I wish JT nothing but the best. He won't be the last to transfer. I'm waiting on Beck too.

• Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everything I've seen about Stetson Bennett online says he was born in 1998, which would mean that he turns 24 during the season, not 25. He graduated high school in 2017, after all -- not 2016.

What is the source of the claim that he turns 25?

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Beck is next up. I never got over the pick six he threw late in the UAB game and made no effort to stop the defender to preserve the defense’s shutout then laughed coming off the field.

Obviously, Kirby never got over it either because, to my recollection, Beck didn’t see the field the rest of the year.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh I agree with kirkhilles...you dont want JT to sign on with an SEC foe...that could prove interesting. A healthy JT means trouble for any team he plays against....including UGA. Sorry to see him leave.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The headlines said "expected to" but the last line sounds like he has already pulled the trigger.

edited January 2022

I hope JT can stay healthy and play well wherever he goes.

I also hope he doesn’t go to a team on the Dawgs schedule, but for a different reason. I fear for his health facing our defensive front and linebackers!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't want any W's against UGA, but I hope JT lives up to his vast potential and is brilliant no matter where he goes. Ditto if he stays. Go Dawgs!

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If it's true, not that I'm happy about it. I've been saying it for months.

Say what you want to about Bennett, but with JT, Monken, more work with the receivers, and a more cohesive o-line, it would be a better offense. If he transfers, I believe it is because Monken is leaving.

Let me say this first, I'm so happy that Bennett was able to get it done, with a GREAT defense. But he still only averaged 32 ppg, against real teams. No FCS, GT or Vandy teams. With 12 weeks of getting the majority of snaps with the 1's. I'm looking towards the future. Him coming back will see JT and Beck both leaving. Brock may still decide to leave, will have to wait and see. He was great for the NOW for UGA, but could hurt the future for UGA. IMHO.

Here is hoping JT doesn't transfer,and gets a full year of healthy practice and games with Monken. Beck is probably gone anyway. Just not sure averaging 32 ppg with a defense that is still going to play super hard, but will take a step back (just because of the youth and inexperience) will give up more points. We need an offense that can REALLY score. Even more then it needed to this past year.

I guess now is a wait and see. Hopefully it all works out. My biggest concern is having listening to Connor, BA, Jeff and even Mike,they all just seem just too happy about this one, and that it would be OK with them if it was another 40 years before the next. Why? I want one every year. I know unrealistic, but still would like it.

Still enjoying this one, bu6twould love to be able to enjoy it every year. I just don't want to take a step back so big, that UGA doesnt even play in the SECCG.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

I thought he came in and handed the ball off 5 straight times against GT to end the game. Or was that BVG? But that was after JT came in and handed the ball off straight times in that games. See the problem with the backups at UGA? Not enough reps. That is a Kirby problem.

But I agree, I too think Beck is gone regardless of who else stays or leaves.

Just hope if JT leaves, it's out of the SEC. Do not want him to play UGA.

I'm assuming that when they say "expected to" that they have confirmation from other sources. I would assume it's all but official.

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

My crystal ball says:

JT could beat us in 2022 - not as a Dawg.

JT could be a Heisman finalist in 2022 regardless who he plays for.

JT could be a first rounder in 2023 regardless who he plays for.

SB could beat us in 2022 - as a Dawg.

SB will not be a Heisman finalist in 2022.

SB will not play in the NFL.

If JT does indeed Transfer (and again, hopefully not to someone we will face) I am hoping Beck transfers too. Beck got kinda a raw deal too, but doesn't have nearly the upside of Vandagriff / Gunner.

If that's the case, then that should force another QB into the 1s and should be Vandagriff.

The upside is that JT transferring should keep Vandagriff from doing so. I'm sure he was concerned if both Bennett and Daniels stayed.

Your crystal ball is made of lead! Please reference any game played for USC or UGA that suggest JT will be a Heisman hopeful, much less finalist.

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

Well hate to hear this for 2022 but it will give both Brock and Gunner a chance to better develop and have more reps. I think Stetson returns for sure now and will compete against Brock with Gunner redshirting, and of course Beck goes portal. Stet will be the starting QB unless Brock puts on a clinic in practice, even then the job is Stetson's to lose. QB room has now become much more simple which is a good thing although I would have liked to see JT play next year. I think this also proves that CKS just didn't have faith in JT for some reason or he would have likely stayed. My bet is for JT to return to the West Coast somewhere so he can sling it. SEC options might include Auburn, KY, and LSU. Best wishes JT...wish it would have turned our differently for you.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

My crystal ball says (sorry I’ll get some negative responses for stating the truth, but some folks just can’t handle the truth)

JT has all the HS awards possible, but he couldn’t stay healthy at UGA and USC

JT would have been sacked NUMEROUS more times than Bennett against Bama

JT couldn’t perform well against the only 2 teams he faced with winning records (3 points against Clemson and 1 for 11 on 3rd down conversions in the Peach Bowl)

JT left USC because he knew he couldn’t beat out Slovis who finished this year #85 in QB rankings

JT is leaving UGA because he was rarely healthy and was beaten out by a walk-on

JT seems to run from competition