Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia quarterback JT Daniels expected to enter the transfer portal

Comments

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Never like to see one the pre-season favorites for the Heisman transfer. I understand why he might transfer. I know I would after the way things have been handled for him. Wish him well.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Has anyone else heard about Caleb Williams? I heard that he is still looking at UGA as USC is nowhere close to championship level.

• DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another I love JT article with excuses, new line, hurt receivers, etc. Think Sete played with the same group. And the idea that Stet only averaged 32 ppg is meaningless unless you prefer passes over wins. And oh by the way Stet is fourth in the nation in passing efficiency ahead of Caleb Williams and Bryce Young and is the only starting QB with a national championship ring!! Fact is JT, who I like and appreciate, got beat out and you can’t paint it any other way.

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, it was a little strange the way the JT situation unfolded or never unfolded this year.

Give credit to Smart for somehow keeping what really happened quiet.

It's actually stunning with social media the way it is that we just got zero, nada on JT. Still don't know what really went on.

I doubt Beck leaving will upset anyone. If he leaves.

I'd rather have BVG & Gunner.

• natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love how you are sitting here critiquing a coach that won the NC just over a week ago. Kirby's current problem is needs more room in his trophy cabinet! You must be a real blast at parties...

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

I agree with what you wrote. Except 1 thing. Not to be Mr. Negative, but in what game do you remember Kirby EVER giving the backups more reps in throwing the ball? I'm sorry, take away the 4 cupcakes, Clemson, and NC game, UGA won or loss each game by 17 points or more. Every one of them. And backups either didn't play, or they did nothing but hand the ball off. 1 or2 passes in a couple of games, really does not count.

Like I said, I'm not bashing you over your comment, just pointing out the fact that UGA is behind some teams with backup preparedness. Why do you think when Ala starts a new qb, they always seem to be the best. Because the year before as a back up, they averaged around 10 passes per game, even in closer then usual games. Go back and look at what young did last year when Jones was the starter. And what Tua did when Hurts was the starter. And Jones when Tua was the starter. That's the secret. Kirby needs to stop worrying about being ahead by 17 and trying to run the clock out,and see if the backup qb can score another 14.

But until he does, there is just no proof that he will.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Most of what you call "truth" is myopia and speculation. 

"JT would have been sacked NUMEROUS more times than Bennett against Bama"

So, what - 8, 9, 10 sacks? More? Of course this means Daniels wouldn't have been getting the ball out more quickly than Bennett did. And you know all of this, how? 

"JT couldn’t perform well against the only 2 teams he faced with winning records (3 points against Clemson and 1 for 11 on 3rd down conversions in the Peach Bowl)"

Putting aside the use of one statistic, in which Daniels generally excels, to make your point, I'll concede that the Peach Bowl wasn't a great game for him. He still threw for almost 400 yards and led a last minute game winning drive against a solid defense that was very clearly craving a win, with no help from the run game. That game was his floor, when healthy. The circumstances surrounding the Clemson game have been explained too many times to count, and it's clearly falling on deaf ears, so I'll move on. 

"JT left USC because he knew he couldn’t beat out Slovis who finished this year #85 in QB rankings"

Just completely bypassing the circumstances that applied at the time he left that program. If you had a valid point to make here, you wouldn't need to so blatantly cherry pick.

Look, if you want to comment on Daniels durability, that's a perfectly fair and reasonable point. He has been injured a lot. But you go way beyond that. 

I've always felt like Daniels is overall the better quarterback. But I also can be happy for the guy that ultimately got the job, and that the team was able to win a championship with him. I've never been one to play the "real fan" card, but as far as I'm concerned, bad mouthing one of the players for no other reason than that you like his backup more is inexcusable.

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 482 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would hate to see JT transfer to an SEC opponent especially to an East division school that could prove ominous say if he went to Tennessee or Kentucky. 😎

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

If I were JT Daniels, I’d finish my UGA degree, transfer to Harvard or Yale. Then I’d enroll in their law school and/or NBA program. Then I’d get drafted (first round) into the NFL. Then I’d marry a supermodel, play for 10 years, winning multiple Super Bowls. Then I’d become an agent, representing only the top athletes, celebrities, and rock stars (buying up huge chunks of Southern California while dabbling in real estate).

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep great point....guess I was giving CKS an undeserved benefit of the doubt on that point.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great points and I love how you (and I) got “down votes” for speaking the truth. We had an extremely high scoring offense and had practically every game won by mid 3rd quarter so we played scrubs and ran the ball……which is 100% the reason why Bennett didn’t score more points. BTW…..our final scoring stats were totally screwed up by JT only putting 3 points on the board against Clemson. Thank goodness for the pick-6 by Smith. The facts are killing some of the folks who are posting on this site.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think you are the one living in a world of “make believe”. BS on all your points. JT runs whenever things don’t go his way. End of story.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Young attempted 22 passes in 2020.

The bulk of Jones' 141 attempts in 2019 came from the 4 games he started because Tua was injured.

Tagovailoa had 49 attempts in 2017.

Does anybody even know who Bama's backup QB was this year?