Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

JT Daniels enters NCAA transfer portal, SEC schools, Notre Dame among potential destinations

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageJT Daniels enters NCAA transfer portal, SEC schools, Notre Dame among potential destinations

ATHENS — Georgia quarterback JT Daniels became a documented portal entry on Wednesday, as expected, and will be looking to commit to a school he can transfer to after graduating from UGA in the spring.

Read the full story here

Comments

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

That means Bennett is coming back. Beck is next to leave, which I am ok with. But Monken will not be staying. Bennett is limited on explosiveness. Monken wants bigger numbers and kirby is just too happy with 33 points a game.

I believe Manning, as small of a shot UGA had, is a non-option now.

• FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kirby screwed JT. Backups play when the starter gets hurt. When the starter gets healthy, he gets his job back. If he can't hold it, promote the backup. Don't create a problem.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My pal, ND guy, mentioned them yesterday. Great opening. Great academics (which JT has no issue with at all, 4.0+ in all AP classes, graduated a year early from H.S.). Only down-side, having to become a part-time ND fan! D***it! But would be a great spot for a helluva player (and person).

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

While JT's destination is uncertain, we can be reasonably certain (hopefully) that with this transfer we can expect Mike Griffith to discontinue driveling on and on and on about "JT should be playing over SBIV" and characterizing every great/clutch SBIV throw in some negative way (underthrown, overthrown, didn't throw him open, behind him, blah, blah...) stoking quarterback controversy at most every turn. Could barely write a sentence without referencing "walk-on" or "3-star" or "JUCO transfer" or "3rd string", etc. UGA won the Natty based on the decisions made by coaching professions (i.e., CKS, CTM, etc.). SBIV is a champion. All members of the team are. Let it go, Mike. Move on.

UGA WON the Natty with SBIV as the starting quarterback. He finished the year as one of the top rated college quarterbacks in the county. All the best to JT. If he didn't get injured, or whatever may/may not have transpired with him related to injuries/coaches/doctors/parents, who knows. Maybe we go undefeated and beat Alabama by 20 or 25 instead of 15? "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas."

Please move on, Mike. It's grown tiresome (at least) to this long time, Bulldawg fan.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

JT got his mil from Zaxbys and another mil wherever he lands. Not bad for a backup QB.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

I hate this darned refresh!

This kid got screwed. This is not a knock on Bennett, rather it is a knock on how Daniels was managed. We actively approached him and he won the starting job. It wasn’t even close. If we are to believe that Smart makes his players earn their jobs then we have to believe that Daniels was easily the best prior to the season. When he was injured, we changed the offense to suit his backup. When he got better, I’m guessing there was no thought to changing it back.

When Daniels played, aside from clem(p)son, he rarely played beyond the first half. He did have a decent game against clem(p)son, regardless of what some on here say. Remember, winning that game was an upset. He led us in a 2 minute drill to put us in scoring position to beat a good Cincinnati team (again, regardless of what folks on here say).

The disrespect from some folks on here is amazing as in the same breath they talk about disrespecting Bennett. Daniels is a darned good quarterback and deserved better. The kid got screwed.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I personally think JT Daniels is a better QB than Stetson Bennett. But so what? Who cares? We won the National Championship with Stetson Bennett as QB1. The ONLY thing that JT Daniels could have done better would have been to beat Alabama in the SECCG. So why the griping about his transfer? Yes, I hate JT is leaving and that we didn't get to see his full potential. It feels like we somehow got cheated. But, WE WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. That's why they play. If JT goes on and wins one for someone else next year, I'll tip my hat to him, wish him well, and thank God for the one that we have now. All you can do. Go Dawgs!

• plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

WORST NEWS OF THE DAY

#3 Burton enters portal

#2 SBIV returns to UGA

#1 JT enters portal

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

I know a lot of folks disagree, but CKS has done nothing but mismanage the QB room since his arrival. If Steddy is the starting QB in 2022, what does that say about UGA developing QBs?

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, saw this one coming. Thanks for the hard work young man, no go and do what's best for YOU!

• DAWGALWAYS18DAWGALWAYS18 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Plrdawg says it all. Now Vandagriff will go to waste. Smart says he's shopping the portal for a QB when the best one in the country is in the portal.......Just leaving us.

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Please don’t go to LSU or A&M and force us to watch you be great

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

No Burton no JT and Stetson is coming back🥲 GO TO HELL KIRBY

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022
  • ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

It says Kirby has led us to an SEC championship, a Rose Bowl win, within a blown coverage to win one natty and one national championship.

The only time I know of Kirby mismanaging the quarterbacks is when he removed Fromm from games for entire series to give Fields entitlement snaps to placate his ten cent head.