Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Of course there’s no quit in Stetson Bennett, zero controversy surrounding return to Georgia

2»

Comments

• michaelcarvellmichaelcarvell Posts: 6 admin

Stetson's father told DawgNation that Wiki was WRONG, and that his son will turn 25 this October. Go Dawgs!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Except in college football. If 2 players are equal you play the younger player with more remaining eligibility hoping they develop a higher ceiling.

• bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

Not unless the older player fits better in the system you want to run and has been the starter for two years.

• GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Really…. Who wrote this??? Not the MG I’ve known.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Dámn refresh.

You best article, Mike.

Go, Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would challenge anybody’s to cut and paste where MG ever said one disparaging remark about sb from an opinion stand point

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@kirkhilles

“In terms of NIL deal, I think Bennett turned people sour with his GMA interview. Between the fact that he seemed still drunk (understandable) as well as his seemingly arrogant attitude didn't put him in the best spotlight. This was his time to sell himself as the "Rudy" type player and I think it backfired on him. Only time will tell as to whether that's true or not.”

Bennett’s interview didn’t offend me in the least.  Perhaps you can go find a safe space where mean ole Stetson won’t hurt your feelings… 🤭

“Media wants him to be the "Rudy" player and be the Heisman-like player, but the fact is that he did a good job at what Smart designed him to do - manage the game. We didn't win because of him, but we didn't lose either. He did a "B" graded job, but the team wasn't built for high profiling passing and so we didn't need to win because of it.”

Sorry, brother, but this paragraph of your post seems to be a product of advanced SBDS (“Stetson Bennett Derrangement Syndrome”).  “Manage the game”?  Yeah, he “managed” two CFP games to become MVP in both.  He showed elite toughness, poise, and skill in the fourth quarter of the NC and led his team to victory with absolute perfection (post “fumble”)—there wasn’t another QB who had anything approaching his performances in the CFP games.  If you want to argue Bennett doesn’t have an NFL QB arm, fine, but your position in this thread is just drivel.  

No offense to you, but I am calling you out (in a friendly way).  😉

Go Dawgs!  Go Stetson!

• GoAwayGriffGoAwayGriff Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Any chance Mike Griffith could hit the transfer portal…?

• GoAwayGriffGoAwayGriff Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

@reddawg1 -I assume that was a joke…