Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dawgs fans love sharing those special postseason memories

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageDawgs fans love sharing those special postseason memories

For Dawgs fans, this year’s College Football Playoff is the gift that keeps on giving.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article Bill and it’s always fun to read your recap of exciting games. The memories of those 2 playoff games will be with me forever…..or longer. I’m just praying the Bama fans will be screaming at Saban to bench Bryce Young next season because he could ONLY score 18 points in the big game and threw 2 INTs with a pick-6. Go Dawgs!!!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I DO hope the players realize how excited and happy and proud we are of the Dawgs. Don't let endless QB drama mean anything. We love you Dawgs!

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, Bill, just wow!

Go, Dawgs!

• DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bill, as always a great article. All the plays mentioned are certainly worthy but my favorite "moment" was when Stetson broke down in tears. Not only did it signal the magnitude of finally breaking the curses (Bama and the Natty) but it was the pure relief of a young man who had come so far and had endured so much. Obviously, all those emotions from the many doubters had been bottled up for a very long time. Sweet victory and sweeter relief!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Incisive recap, Bill. UGA annals have this one enshrined.

• OldJeepBobOldJeepBob Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bill, great to read your story about the emotional impact of the game. I hereby assign a project to you, Mr. Phelps, should you choose to accept it. It seems to me that a coaching move, that went unnoticed at the time, actually was the turning point of the game. That was when Broderick Jones took over left tackle, and performed nearly flawlessly for more than the half remaining, and Jamaree Salyer moved to right guard. From that point on the run game was efficient, reliable and devastating. It was a force that Bama could not stop, and it set up the passing game beautifully. Now, Mr. Phelps, uh, Mr. King, write a piece on THAT!

Thanks, and Go Dawgs!

• chillinnchillinn Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

I thought Dan Jackson's block during Ringo's interception return was impression. He really blew up the guy!!!!

• JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Always love your writing, Bill! Two coaching decisions made the game. A responder below already mentioned the OL switch of Salyer to RG with Jones coming in at LT. But the first one was in the first Bama possession. The D committed to pressure Young relentlessly while keeping him in the pocket, rarely giving him time to hit deep. He gets happy feet, and throwing short to "lesser" receivers means more misses, fewer first downs. Incompletions prevent tempo, which killed the DL early in the first meeting.

For any previous concern about in-game coaching, we all saw a great gameplan on both sides of the ball, great play-calling on both sides and ruthless execution. AND a willingness to make a significant change on the line that produced immediate results. It doesn't get much better. Go Dawgs!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article, Bill! Thanks s always for being the "True" Dawg fan that you are!

Go Dawgs! Repeat!