Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Big Bear Alexander: Highly-rated, highly-favored but also with a Bear-sized pain tolerance

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageBig Bear Alexander: Highly-rated, highly-favored but also with a Bear-sized pain tolerance

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry is about the latest with Georgia All-American DT signee Big Bear Alexander. Alexander is already on campus at UGA as an early enrollee.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully we can get this big fella fixed up in time for fall? He is a monster lineman.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UGA66....no kidding....from everything I have read it appears for a football player like Bear it's going to be at least 6 months (12 months for a fully torn labrum) to get back to 100%. It depends how bad the tear is...Baker Mayfield had it done just recently on his non-throwing arm. They expect full recovery for him in 4-6 months....but then again he isn't a defensive lineman tackling and banging up his shoulder all the time.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Man, I am liking what I am hearing about this guy! Sounds like a Jalen Carter look-a-like! On the toughness scale, he appears to be off the chart!

Can't wait to see him gettin' after it in the fall!

Go Dawgs!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Yeesh. Zeus, Ojulari, Sherman, now Alexander. I feel like I might be leaving one or two out. Nationally, I wonder how common it is for rising freshmen to enter their college program with a significant injury. Lately it seems like every year we have at least one highly touted guy who might not be ready to go, at least initially. 

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad he's already enrolled and focused on being a star at Georgia. Go Dawgs!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BIG Bear Alexander !!! Gotta love this young Dawg !! I predict great things for this young man if he stays steadfast in his work ethic !!

• IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Glad he’s ours and we don’t have to go up against this guy .. good lord what a beast

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coach Scott is going to help Bear make a lot of money in three years!