Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jermaine Burton, Mecole Hardman speak out on transfer from Georgia to Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageJermaine Burton, Mecole Hardman speak out on transfer from Georgia to Alabama

Former Georgia wide receiver Mecole Hardman shared his thoughts on the transfer of Jermaine Burton

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

Hey, I feel the same way, when we play them I hope we shut him down, but every other game he plays I hope he balls out of control. Its his life, Go chase what you after young man. Bet on yourself!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I don’t understand all the angst about Burton leaving. No one can deny Bama has had four first round WRs the last two years and maybe Williams this year. To put Burton in that company is a stretch! To even suggest he is a thousand yard receiver, even more so.

If he was in the same class of the Bama first rounders, he would have gotten many more targets. Those guys were virtually impossible to cover and spent their college careers running free in defensive backfields. Many of Stet’s runs were pass plays with no one open and Burton on the field

The much more likely scenario for Burton at Bama is he will be the same receiver he was at Georgia.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bama had 5 receivers move on to the NFL SINCE 2020. Metchie, Williams, Waddle, Smith and Bolden. Get it right, since you guys can't seem to repair your website.

My God, where's the pride?

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Team and loyalty mean nothing to a lot of people in college football now.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has anyone ever thought about what bringing him in says to the wide outs already at Alabama? Perhaps this move may encounter some controversy in Tuscaloosa…..🤔

Id rather have a group of guys playing as one as opposed to the Miami heat syndrome. Also, if Burton ends up thriving he would be the first nonqb to excel elsewhere after transferring from UGA

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully, this is over and everyone moves on.

Please no more stories on this Dawgnation.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Being yet another college football player incapable of writing a coherent sentence, another possibility for Burton’s transfer could be academics.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Vetdawg your statement is not true. Jermaine Johnson was the ACC Player of the Year this past season at FSU. Hardman simply asked a question. Burton has a right to answer any way he pleases -- or not answer at all. He did NOT, as the story said, make his reasoning clear for the transfer. Anyway, Go Dawgs!

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Credit Hardman for speaking his mind. The Dawg in me agrees with him, but the fan in me sees Burton as in charge of his own destiny, and a guy who helped bring the natty to Georgia. And in that vein, I agree with Chris Milton- hope it works out for Burton... as long as it's not at Georgia's expense!

• SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

For many that may be true.....but not for Stetson Bennett! Go Dawgs!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excelling at FSU ….. sorry forgot about the ACC.

if you look at the top receivers this yr in the NFL (kupp and Adams), they hail from power programs such as Cal State and Eastern Washington. These kids have the right to transfer to wherever they like, but with life all decisions carry consequences. Also, if these players get their feelings hurt now, wait until they get to the nfl and live completely under a microscope.

either way . I agree.

go dawgs!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They're all in charge of their own destiny. That's why Smart and Saban put so much stock in character. They've let a lot of talented players and recruits go, over the years after it's established that their character has been weighed, measured and found wanting.

I'm not saying Burton is or isn't one of those players, but, consider this...he is the first one to go from UGA to UGA's archenemy in the West. Of the 3 players the Dawgs signed last year, only 1 came from the SEC...and he had to sit out a year. Also, he came from a team in the West that UGA plays only 3 or 4 times in a decade. They've played BAMA 5 times in 5 years. Twice in the National Championship, twice in the SEC Championship and once in the regular season. Burton was part of 3 of those games. That's a lot different than Gilbert, Smith or Kendrick. UGA Players, both former and present don't take kindly to that move...I guarantee you.

That being said, UGA is better off without him and I'm happy BAMA has to deal with it. I know everybody's put off by his treachery, but, seriously...outside of the insistence of revisionist historians, he's just an average to above average reciever. He had way more targets this year than he ever would have had if Pickens, K Jackson, A Smith and A Gilbert were healthy. Adonai Mitchelll is a much better reciever as a Freshman than Burton was and is more than capable of carrying Burton's share of the load next year. With track star recruit Chandler Smith and track star Arian Smith at WR, UGA will stretch the field.

I'm not worried on little bit about UGA's WR room next year, but, I do question Terrance Edward's influence over the likes of Justin Robinson, Jermaine Burton and Arik Gibert as their WR Tutor. What is he doing to these kids that confuses them so much? Smart needs to be wary of Edwards' protégés going forward.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Burton is moving to a team with young highly rated prospects at the receiver position. Sure they did not look all that great the other night but Burton is going to have his hands full trying to be #1 or 2 receiver in that squad. He earned his play at Georgia and was established as the #1 or 2 guy next year. I'm sure Stetson coming back secured his decision. However, I personally do not think Stetson is going to be the starter. Brock Vandagriff will be the qb next year and the whole dynamic of the offense is going to change and who knows how many targets our top 3 receivers will get. At Alabama, if he ain't the top 2 then he'll at best have about the same stats he had this year. Burton will have to earn his time at Alabama.