Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jermaine Burton, Mecole Hardman speak out on transfer from Georgia to Alabama

Comments

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 412 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

D Rob is the cautionary tale. If Burton thinks he can improve his stock, more power to him. I think Milton should keep his mouth shut until he can stay healthy for more than 2 games at a time. He'll be the man next year so he has a perfect chance to back it all up. Social Media is not anyone's friend. Stetson was wise to tune it out. Sadly, most can't.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Alabama has recruited nine 4* or 5* wr's over the last 2 cycles. Burton better bring his A game. I wonder how those 9 wr's feel about AL bringing in a guy over them who expects to start? UGA will have KJackson, AD, McConkey, ASmith, Blaylock and hopefully Gilbert next season. Plus Meeks and the freshmen. Strong room. 

• Options
    AirmanEAirmanE Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Calvin Johnson did not play in the triple option what are you talking about. His head coach was Chan hailey and his qb was Reggie ball. Paul Johnson the triple option head coach at tech coached demaryius Thomas who became a first rd pick at wr. I would also point out that Chan gailey signed demaryius. One thing about some football fans is they love to prove they know nothing about the game but Go Dawgs!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

This is not intended to bash the kid at all, but here goes.

First of all his “response” didn’t clarify anything…other than some non-football issues.

Secondly, this young fella has some soul-searching to do, and hopefully he is able to find some of the answers he’s looking for. There is a lot of compensating going on that’s meant to mask some pretty serious insecurities. All you have to do is watch.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Burton's "business decision" pays off. The competition's going to be equal, and now he's going to be starting over learning a new offense. I hope he doesn't stay injured half of the time like he has at UGA. Otherwise, this decision could backfire. Best of luck to the kid...

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I ask Dawgs fans to be invested in the program and not individual players. Soon college football will be like college basketball where you don't know who is coming or going. Once you learn the names of the players on the roster, you have a lot of turnover with personnel. Look at the Georgia basketball team from last year to this year.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Proud to have Mecole Hardman as a Dawg alumnus! Believe he was Coach Kirby's first recruit and has always been a "shouter from the mountaintop" as to all things Dawgs! Much success, young man! DGD!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He didn't grow up being a DAWG. wanting to play for his home state. Simple as that. COuld you imagine SB doing that? IF you ran him off maybe.

• Options

I mean folks are actually concerned the BRaves might not pay FF. No loyalty anywhere any more. WHere would the BRaves be without FF when he was almost the only drawing factor during the lean years.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"...weighed, measured and found wanting" Knight's Tale reference... nice! 😁

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...Yeah,, I just ran across it about a week ago. It was one of the last movies my Wife and I watched together before she passed. I've seen it a few times and that was one of my favorite lines. Glad you got the reference. LOL

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

When did ME become more important than the team? If it’s that easy to transfer to a rival school then you never were a true Dawg - period. Sorry not sorry. You don’t bleed red and black and then walk out on your brothers cause your stats aren’t stroking you ego enough. If it means enough you will work harder. Barriers are put up to see how bad you want to go over them or through them. Not to snake around them.

• Options

weighed, measured and found wanting" Knight's Tale reference... nice!  Might have to give God credit- Daniel 5:27

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL. You're right. I knew it came from somewhere other than the movie. Thanks for solving the brain-worm. I couldn't think of where I had heard it before and it was bugging me.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mecole is a DGD and always supports his former team. A lifelong dawg! Thanks for asking the same question we are all asking! Why Burton? Why?