Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Where every 2022 Georgia football signee, recruit and target finished in updated recruiting rankings

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhere every 2022 Georgia football signee, recruit and target finished in updated recruiting rankings

This is how every Georgia football signee, commit and target ranks in the 2022 recruiting cycle

Read the full story here

Comments

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Using the four big recruiting services — 247SportsOn3Rivals and ESPN — four of Georgia’s signees rank as 5-star prospects,Using the four big recruiting services — 247SportsOn3Rivals and ESPN — four of Georgia’s signees rank as 5-star prospects,....." 247 shows 6 5-stars (non-composite); Rivals shows 5 5-stars; On3 shows 2 5-stars; and ESPN shows 1 5-star.

• sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2022

I have no doubt that least one of those lower-ranked players will have a chip on his shoulder and an overdrive mentality and will eventually become all-sec or all-american.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I saw on Rivals that GStockton dropped 135 spots in their final rankings. More than 40 spots further than anyone else. Are you kidding me? Stockton threw for over 4K yards ran for 1K yards and threw 55 TD's and 1 (!) INT THIS season. 71% comp %. Broke all of the GA HS state records of Sunshine Lawrence and the Houston QB who must not be named. Absolutely ridiculous! Rivals has lost a ton of credibility. I hope Gunner uses this to fuel an awesome career at UGA. 

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I count five 5 star players: Starks, M. Williams, Everette, Marvin Jones, and Jalon Walker. Who is #6?

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Holy guac! First off, huge kudos to Connor for getting so much hard data into one article... well done! Secondly, and even more importantly, you have to have a tremendous amount of confidence in the kind of talent UGA will bring to bear for the next 2-3 years. A lot of the posting time on this site is about the negative/concerning, but this is one time when I can't see any reasonable reader seeing anything but positive news from this incredible list!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Based on history, I trust the UGA coaching staff's talent evaluations 10 times more than any of the hype-meisters at these recruiting outlets. They piggyback off each other and do very little original evaluations, which is why players like Jordan Davis and Stetson Bennett slip through the cracks. UGA is one of the best, if not THE best at picking out those players. Their coaches would probably argue, they have 10-15 "5 star" players in this cycle.