Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart shares reasoning behind Georgia football hires of Bryan McClendon, Mike Bobo

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart shares reasoning behind Georgia football hires of Bryan McClendon, Mike Bobo

Georgia coach Kirby Smart shared his thoughts on why he hired Bryan McClendon and Mike Bobo

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2022

Kirby and MG interactions always so contentious and awkward lol.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

Deebo Samual played his heart out for his team in the NFCCG and sat in tears after his team lost. That’s the kind of drive, desire, and determination to leave it all on the field win or lose is what we need in the WR room! Bmac is exactly the man who can instill those qualities into our receivers!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

I agree with your take. I’m surprised that Kirby even answered MG’s question because of how horrible MG was this past season. He was the only writer who consistently criticized Kirby’s decisions relative to the starting QB. I sincerely believe a great deal of the angst among fans regarding Bennett and JT was due to MG’s non stop attacks. The most annoying fact was that MG didn’t have a clue as to what was going on in all those closed practices, but he continued day after day saying JT was the king and Stetson was worthless. All I know is the Mailman delivered, we won the National Championship and MG is eating crow. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    WesttndawgWesttndawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Maybe Bobo can teach us how to do a slant and running back screen pass. Alabama had hundreds of yards on simple slants the last few years.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For any WR to get 1,000 yds in receiving he must be able to play, injuries have kept UGA receivers short of those goals.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Ddavis0777 Not awkward. I've covered other Hall of Fame coaches, Stallings, Fulmer, Izzo, Summitt to name a few --not to mention Olympians, pro football and basketball players and NASCAR stars.

Kirby's just a coach doing his job, and sometimes he chooses to be confrontational. That's his perrogative. Not awkward for me, just adds more color to the story. I think it's cool and fun he says crazy stuff sometimes.

But I don't feel awkward doing my job. I ask questions, and he chooses how he wants to answer.