Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Returning production numbers show Georgia will need offense to shine early in 2022

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageReturning production numbers show Georgia will need offense to shine early in 2022

Georgia football will need to have its offense carry a bigger load in 2022.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My expectation is a talented, but inexperienced defense and that if we are going to make another run to the NC game, I think the Offense will have to play a bigger role this year.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe you are correct, especially early in the season. However, with an experienced NC MVP quarterback, Bowers, Washington, several young, but experienced, receivers, and solid OL foundation players returning, I think the offense is poised for a strong start, assuming Monken returns (which, thus far, is looking more and more likely).

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So I don't imagine we give up 10 points a game this year but we should be in the top 20 and that will be good enough. THe offense will be able to cover that with ease. We will simply boatrace the weaker teams, game over in the 3rd and for the closer games(if there are any) we will just ground and pound and hold the ball on long clock eating drives so the other team's offense won't have many chances.

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let me share my production estimates:

McIntosh and Milton will be more productive than White and Cook

OL will be more productive

Wideouts - will be more productive - even without Pickens (who barely played) and Burton. Arian can be a game changer when healthy. McConkey and ADM year 2 will be better. Rosemy & Kearis - healthy & better. What if Arik G? And my prediction for biggest surprise of next year - Blaylock. 

TE: we all know what BB can do but 0 is a beast and healthy will be more productive.  Watch out for Oscar to get some work in too. Overall more productive.

DL will take a step back and so will Linebackers but not as far as everyone thinks. There are some play makers ready to jump in with several veterans. I also predict Dumas Johnson will turn some heads this year. 

CB and S - I’ll call now will be better than last year. Smith (both of them) and Poole and KR. Really just may only need one CB, or maybe one safety depending on who plays where. That’s a lot better situation than where we started last year. And there are a lot of good choices to choose from.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

I like how you think, Chip!.......er @UGADawg !

I personally feel better about this incoming season than I did last season what with the O-line questions, injuries to the WRs and Big O, and the depth issues in secondary that we had going into the fall. I think our D-line and LBs got a lot of playing experience and J. Carter, N. Smith and R. Beal should shore up any weaknesses there. Then there's the returning secondary (with last year's healthy recruits and this year's incoming class)....just wow!

I believe the offense as a whole should be much better than last year (which put up 38+ points a game-- not too shabby) barring injuries, because of all the playing time that McConkey, Brock and Mitchell got, as true freshmen, not to mention, McIntosh, Milton and Edwards (with incoming B Rob and A. Paul).

And the TE room......Nuff said!

Then there is our QB room which appears to have a lot of depth and should get a lot of backup experience.

Again, I like our chances to get to Atlanta!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 346 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree that our schedule is pretty favorable, and I trust Kirby to have the team ready. I'd also bet that the conditioning done in the wake of last year's SECCG won't be a one-off. Our guys are going to come into the season ready to put in a solid four-quarter effort. Looking forward to another strong season; Go Dawgs!