Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart and Georgia offense relevant in high-profile recruitment of Arch Manning

2»

Comments

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

Manning's deep throws must be on another high light reel.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hmmmm...

. Positivity

. New info

. Solid analysis

. No obvious dogging of current UGA players or coaches

. A focus on the future

Like this article!

Importantly, we all have to remember that both players and recruits DO read these kind of articles (and related comments), and the energy and balance of this article will help UGA, not hurt us, moving forward. Love it!

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

Most likely ain’t gonna happen.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SB could set passing records at UGA if Kirby just let him go(for that matter so could JT, but that's over with now) but we all know that's not Kirby's MO. He has a philosophy that he wants great defense, get turn overs and short fields, and then run the ball as much as you can and strike with the pass when you have them looking run and take a few shots per game.

Look at what the offense did against Michigan and their big,bad defense. We came out and passed it like we were the Rams of Kurt Warner days. You youngins wll have to look that up. THey didn't know what hit them. WE got up big and then everything got shut down on offense pretty much. We could have averaged 48 points a game last year but KIrby called the Dawgs off in the games where we got up by 14 in the 3rd quarter. I don't even think SB threw a pass in the 4th quarter of regular season, did he?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No doubt if you were picking a QB for your team Arch would be the model looking guy. I mean he's almost a legend and he hasn't played a collegiate game yet. Big, tall good looking kid with blond hair and blue eyes. Stands in the pocket like a Greek god or John Elway . But if I'm honest (and I always try to be) I like Gunner's film much better.

Gunner is more of a dual threat kind of guy with a bigger arm and yet a very good touch for when he needs it. But hey, I'm OK with a having a room full of 4-5 stars and let the best man win.

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd just like to thank the IT guy who fixed the mess on this site so that we could have such excellent discourse (though I personally do not have anything else to contribute here).

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’d be nice if Arch came to play for UGA. He has the Manning pedigree. He would probably do really well at UGA. He’s been offered by Kirby/UGA. But it’s his and his family’s decision. If the Dawgs get him Great !! But if he chooses else where the Dawgs are Still gonna be a Very Powerful football program. Dawgs Will be right there in the mix competing with the other Top teams for the Natty, this year, the year after that, and the year after that and forward. No I can’t guarantee the Dawgs will win the Natty again this year, it’s surely possible, but I’m Extremely Confident that they will be right there with the other Big Boy teams pressing for it yet again and in the years to come. Dawgs are not gonna be one hit wonders with Kirby at the helm. I really like the Smart, Muschamp, Bobo trio and I think that’s gonna be even better for UGA. P.S. Dawgs are not gonna get every single elite player that comes down the path but Neither is any other team. Kirby has surrounded himself with excellent coaches and recruited at a elite level, that trend Will continue. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting take, but, as a college football fan, I don’t care about any of this. What I care about is SEC and National titles for my alma mater. 😉

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

My take is pretty much exactly like Hemingwey only difference being I didn’t attend UGA or any university. I am a life time devout Dawgs fan though. My point is if he comes to Georgia, Great !! If he doesn’t come to Georgia, Still Great !! Because Kirby will seek out and get a QB that is more than sufficient to run the Dawgs O. He already has some Very capable QBs. The future is bright for UGA and will just get brighter and brighter. Winning the Ntl. Title was the ice breaker for future Ntl. Title wins. Only this time it won’t take 40 years between each !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

No doubt the Dawg offense could be designed to take advantage of and accentuate the skills of a precision passer. A QB with his skill set could throw for 5K yards a year with our current receivers, and we'd still run for close to that. Would be otherworldly.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A manning is choosing either Texas or Alabama. We need to be looking for other options.