Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

ESPN’s Mina Kimes thinks Matt Stafford is unworthy of NFL Hall of Fame

2»

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not weighing in on the argument(haven't followed his career enough to do so) but ESPN has lost all credibility with me due to it's being politicized. Me thinks that if MS was a different ethnicity he would get more cred from his detractors, they may see a few more positives instead of the negatives.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Whether Stafford is worthy of the Hall of Fame is an interesting discussion. Just not Mina is someone worthy of being in that discussion.

• saldivensaldiven Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Regarding your comment about passing stats in the current era:

Stafford's stats are as good or better than almost every quarterback in this era. For example, Stafford is #5 on active players (active through 2021 season) in passing yards. The four people ahead of him are Aaron Rodgers (four more years in the NFL), Matt Ryan (one more year in the NFL), Ben Roethlisberger (five more years in the NFL), and Tom Brady (nine more years in the NFL).

The reason people don't realize how good Stafford has been is because he's been stuck on the Detroit Lions. Consider this: Stafford and Aaron Rodgers' production since 2009 has been very similar (in some areas, Stafford has been better); they even both have exactly one Super Bowl ring. The main difference between the two is that Rodgers has played on a higher profile team with a better organization and supporting cast, so he's gotten more attention. Yet, people would laugh if you tried to say that Stafford is as good of a player as Rodgers.

Now, I'm not arguing that Stafford deserves to be in the HoF. My argument is that he is a FAR better NFL quarterback than most people realize, and that is predominantly because he's been stuck on a garbage team that nobody cares about.

• edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mina must be kin to Minie and Mo. To state that the quarterback that reach 50,000 yards in passing faster than any qb in history is not worthy of HOF consideration is laughable. I think her future lies in comic relief. But what do you expect from a person hired because of her sex and not her abilities?

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

So Megatron can play 10 years, have over 11K in receiveing yards with around 9K coming from Stafford and he is a first ballot hall of famer. But the guy that will throw for 70K maybe 80K yards will not? You should not fault a great player for investing in a crappy team!

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, Detroit killed Stafford and how he is viewed.

The comment about Warren Moon's Canadian career being taken into consideration..... OK, the why was Heschel Walker's USFL career not considered? Easily among the best running backs in pro football. Ever.

I have no issue with Warren Moon. After all, it is the pro football hall of fame. Not the NFL hall of fame.

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior