Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Matthew Stafford caught in awkward moment when woman takes dangerous fall at celebration

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: Matthew Stafford caught in awkward moment when woman takes dangerous fall at celebration

It might be time for NFL players to re-think how they publicly celebrate Super Bowl wins.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Who cares, the dude was drunk, he could not assist. There were a number of other personal their to help the women.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a good look for MS, but if you're looking for saints in athletes, most of the time, you'll be dissapointed, IMO. Would of been nice to see him call for help or something. To her credit, I believe it was his wife who jumped up to check on the woman.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Remember people we are talking about football players. If you have ever been in a football locker room you know what I am saying.

• WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Only a trained Medic should attend to someone who has fallen several feet off a stage, if you move a person after a fall, you could cause more damage, even paralyze them, and what was he going to do, jump off the stage after her? And from what the video showed that was the only way to get to her, I don't think there much he could have done, even his wife could only watch from a top the stage, the only ones that could do anything where on the ground.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think anyone's suggesting he should have jumped down and rendered assistance. But to just flippantly turn around and wander off like you don't want to ruin your feel-good is callous. JMHO

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The reaction was not a good one for sure. I applaude his wife who seemed concerned and was trying to make sure she got assistance.

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

The story goes that you're less inhibited when intoxicated than not. In other words, you probably tend to demonstrate more of your basic nature/personality than when completely sober. It is a short clip and it's unknown what he did after the 4-5 second clip. Both MS and KS were in the frame and both saw it at the same time. Reacted at the same time. In the moment, it's clear from the instantaneous reaction who has a better character and concern for their fellow human being. Not a good look for MS in that clip. Hope there is more to it and he dialed in and showed some concern.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is ridiculous!

So, Stafford was supposed to jump down the 8-foot drop and render help (I'm assuming he's not a licensed Paramedic or Doctor) while not allowing the security and medical teams who were on hand (for such an event) to do their jobs.

If Stafford would've jumped down and put even one hand on the woman, these very same people would be accusing him of causing further injury and who does he think he is? He's not a Paramedic or a Doctor.

Some people really need to get a life...

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree that it's a bad look for Stafford, but I must ask, why is this story on this site? As a former longtime daily journalist, I usually defend MG's posts on Dawg Nation, but I just don't understand why this would be here. I am NOT saying that what Stafford did or didn't do isn't worth examining or discussing, I just don't see why it would be done on the DawgNation website. If he were accused of pushing the woman, or arrested for it, then perhaps so, since his Super Bowl victory was widely celebrated in this forum. But this? I just don't get it.

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

What was he supposed to do in this situation? He had alcohol in his system, and he's not a licensed doctor. People don't realize that because there was alcohol in his system...and him not being a licensed doctor, if he had touched the fallen woman in any way shape or form, she can sue him for sexual harassment....especially in today's California. His reaction was the most appropriate one for keeping his family and himself free from being victims of today's societal culture. I say...."Great job Matthew Stafford! Way to keep your wits about you."

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He should have showed concern for the woman like his wife did-Bravo to her. Anyone taking up for Stafford's horrible response is a Punk.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Darned good thing he didn't try to assist or help her up. With a broken back, he could have been responsible for paralyzing her.

Another case of darned if you do...darned if you don't.

Let it go. It's not reflective of him or anyone else in similar circumstances. Chances are, he didn't even realize she fell.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for your comments Saint "tcs59". LOL

What would we do without the judgement of other more righteous individuals, in the Lord's favor. May we all walk the line of the infallible.

Give me a break.

• corbinideascorbinideas Posts: 11 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited February 2022