Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia to hire Rutgers defensive backs coach Fran Brown as new defensive assistant

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia to hire Rutgers defensive backs coach Fran Brown as new defensive assistant

Georgia has found its 10th on-field assistant, as it hired Rutgers defensive backs coach Fran Brown to be the school’s new cornerbacks coach. ESPN’s Pete Thamel was the first to report the hiring.

Read the full story here

Comments

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2022

Solid college career. Played in the league a couple years. Certainly knows the position. Reputation as a good recruiter. Go Dawgs!

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

Now Coach-em up Coach!!!!

• Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2022
  • dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Smart himself was an All-American defensive backs coach.” Wasn’t Kirby an All-American defensive back AS A PLAYER?” Don’t think there’s All-American coaches.

Typical Connor, sadly.

• dawgfromduluthdawgfromduluth Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Solid hire. Rich getting richer.

• CarjackCarjack Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

What happened with the rumors about Reed at Clemson?

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems like a strong hire, especially for recruiting. I hope that he's as good as advertised. But I read that he was supposed to make $700,000 this year. I have a hard time believing UGA is going to pay him that, just now walking in the door. Tray Scott just reached that level and he's been around for six year. Can't believe they would automatically elevate the new guy to t hat level, but I guess we'll find out. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gotta trust Kirby on this one. I know little of this Rutgers defensive guy. Must have lots of defensive savvy and recruiting power. I doubt you will see a check to him for seven hundred grand!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rutgers, Temple, don't see the veins for recruiting the most fertile areas of the country, hope I'm wrong.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome aboard!

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Welcome! Show us what you can do!