Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kayin Lee: Sensational in-state cornerback shares why he backed off his UGA commitment

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageKayin Lee: Sensational in-state cornerback shares why he backed off his UGA commitment

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry is about the move made last week by 4-star CB Kayin Lee to decommit from the Georgia football program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lost a really good one. Coach Fran will have to win him back. Coaches matter: " He also saw the position coach he committed to accept the same position with the Miami Hurricanes. Lee realized he made his decision too soon."

He had class enough to call Smart and tell him.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seeing the Bigger picture? I don't think it gets any bigger than UGA. Miami? Seriously? If he's good enough can he go somewhere else and make it to the NFL? Of course. But he can never be the hometown hero that played for UGA. He will forever be the guy who left Georgia his home state , for the love of a position coach, who very well could be gone next year to another school, if the pay is right. Loyalty means alot in homwtowns.

We just had a big parade in Travon's hometown in Thomaston. He is truly a hero to the town. I promise you, not so much if he had backed off his commitment to UGA 4 years ago and went elsewhere.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just don't get this either. I can't stand catch phrases like "Just to keep it real."

I agree with you about seeing the bigger picture. Is he saying that he sees the bigger picture that maybe he'll have stiffer competition for playing time now that UGA is the National Champion?

And you're exactly right about the position coach...these youngsters need someone experienced to help them to understand these matters!

• Options
    BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best of luck to him. We need guys that really want to be here.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's a huge decision, I can't blame him. The problem I see with a lot of the guys who come in highly rated is they don't have the patience to play behind others for a year or two and wait their turn. Everyone wants to play and may be afraid they could miss their opportunity.

No matter where you go, there are only so many slots in the NFL, you need to take a look at the history of the program and position group, who have they developed to go on to the NFL.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He may well come back. He just wants to sample some other waters. I think in the end he’ll be back. He’s not gonna find a school that teaches/coaches that position any better than UGA. And that’s not homerism that’s just plain fact. I think he’ll come to that realization and come back. In the mean time he can enjoy the experience of being a recruit. It’s not unusual for guys that pull the trigger pretty early in the process to get jittery and wonder if they made the right decision. As has already been said here we want guys to be Glad they chose the Dawgs. Solid and comfortable with the decision they made. So if he wants to sniff the flowers else where that’s understandable . But if he doesn’t come back he will have made a Huge mistake. For his sake and the sake of the Dawgs I hope he circles back.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

May he see the grass is not greener out of state. UGA has best DB coaching in America. Seriously. Early playing time. Home state. Family nearby. Position coaches can change yearly. Head coaches too. Kirby is not going ANYWHERE though and he was a DB and coaches DB's better than most anyone he could hire. He just needs a good recruiter who also wants TO LEARN UNDER KIRBY! Not many schools have that and certainly not ones you want to go to, a head coach not going anywhere whose specialty is DB's! Once the clouds clear, UGA will be there with a glow around it. Even with the pull, and the allure of the hype around Miami and there new HC and staff. Or Oregon. Florida had that too in the beginning with Mullen...lot of hype does not translate into coaches staying for many different reasons. Kirby Smart HC SHOULD be the difference maker here when it is all said and done. Because he is not leaving, he is a multiple National Championship winning DB coach with MANY players in the NFL. Kirby and Georgia is HOME. It is the Georgia Bulldogs. That should mean a LOT. Should be special. If it doesn't and isn't, then go on down to Miami, or across the country to Oregon, or up to Pitt or Ohio St. ANY other school will do. If UGA is not in the heart then DO NOT COME. BUT IF IT IS, THEN YOU BEST COME AND QUICK! I know this, I would not follow a one year and done DB coach, who does not have one-tenth the knowledge and expertise Smart and Muschamp has and who may be one and done again or two and done. Besides that, Miami is not what it used to be and kinda sucks as a place to live IMO. Its no Athens when it comes to college towns and trouble around every corner. Much more of it. UGA is the place to go for this recruit. Maybe not some others but is for this guy.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hopefully we can get him back

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Addae came from West Virginia and coached 1 season at UGA. He’s now at Miami so that means he has been employed at 3 different universities in about a 1 year stretch…..give or take a month or two. The chance of Addae staying at Miami 4 years is very unlikely since there appears to be a high demand for his services. Recruits need to keep this in mind.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The kid is 16 or 17 years old and likes to be hugged by his coaches and adored, and written about.. He can't do better than Georgia if he wants to win games and go to the next level, but he's being written about. and hugged.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yada, yada, yada. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

"There probably was not going to be a lot of strong interest from major programs for a Georgia prospect still committed to UGA."

"He is one of the elite defensive players of this class."

These can't co-exist.

He did commit early, and he may very well just want to truly see what's out there...but there are a couple of things that I completely disagree with:

1) The talent in the DB room (especially the kids that just signed) 100% had an impact on his decision.

2) He most certainly wanted/needed to feel more wanted and needed. The amount and level of attention heaped on these kids is pretty much a drug.