Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart brought Georgia football to the top, will fight to keep it there

SystemSystem Posts: 10,700 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart brought Georgia football to the top, will fight to keep it there

ATHENS — Kirby Smart has taken Georgia to the top of the mountain, and already, the head coach and Bulldogs fans are learning how difficult it will be to stay there.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I never really understood why you would hire coordinators and then talk for them. He could pass off all of those QB questions by having a QB coordinator allow them to make offensive decisions and respond to criticism.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Dawgs247 is reporting Gilbert is back with the team and working out with teammates. Since he was recruited to UGA from LSU as a receiver, I would trade Burton for Arik anytime. The receiver room is healthy and as deep as any in the conference. The offense just may be this year where the defense was last year at this time…becoming “generational”.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gilbert for Burton? Don't really have a choice do you? It is what it is. That being said AGilbert has a golden opportunity to step into a primary and productive role at WR and in the slot. Hopefully a year around the program has made an impression that UGA is a meritocracy based on preparation and hard work. The men that prepare the hardest day in and day out will get the opportunities. Should be easy for AGilbert. He has loads of talent and just needs to watch BBowers and do everything he does. Not much being said about Blaylock. ACL's (from personal experience as well as Chubb, Gurly and White ) really seem like a 2 year recovery period to reach 100%. A Blaylock return to form could be a big boost to the UGA O.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw Gilbert play for LSU and Burton for the Dawgs. There is really no comparison! Gilbert is a matchup nightmare whether it’s a backer or corner trying to cover him. Burton had a few moments last year but for the most part was invisible. So, yes I do have a choice in my preference being glad we have Gilbert with the team and not giving a rats behind about Burton! Truth be told, Saint Nick would also trade Burton for Gilbert in a heartbeat!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like at any given moment we will be able to put some of the biggest, surehandest, hybrid TE/WR's on the field that would absolutely be a matchup nightmare for any team.. Imagine a play where Gilbert-Washington-Mitchell-Delp and Bowers all lineup. From a size standpoint, all of those guys 6'4" or better.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a QB all you'd have to do is look for the weakest link defensively(biggest height and ability differential) in cover.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The players including the receivers at UGA will be all Dawg in 2022 I pray, and not players who are looking to leave the program even before the Championship game is even over with. Too many players think the word team is spelled with an I or ME, and not TEAM. UGA won a NATTY with a walk-on at QB, not a Heisman Trophy winner. RB's and WR's by committee, and not any of them rushing for 1,000 yds. or receiving 1,000 yds. in 2021. I hope this carries over into 2022. A football program can win by playing for TEAM. Keep it going UGA and give the fans a rare repeat instead of once in 41 years.