Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football podcast: Writer says UGA could get unexpected ‘threat’ from division rival

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: Writer says UGA could get unexpected ‘threat’ from division rival

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for fans of the national champion Georgia Bulldogs. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the college football world. On episode No. 1,642 (March 2, 2022) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about one national writer’s take that Tennessee could pose a challenge to Georgia in the SEC East.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    leebonnerleebonner Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

The golden shoe is so 2019 - why not retire it and let's move to something more current.

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Matt Hayes is a garbage journalist who accused Coach Kirby Smart of playing Adam Anderson in the WLOCP knowing full well that before the game/trip Adam Anderson was going to be charged for rape when he returned to Athens. And when SDS was confronted with the show proof cause, they yanked his article without as much as a disclaimer or apology and quit putting up Matt Hayes articles for a while until the storm passed. Why would you put up anything that piece of lying garbage says Brandon? Not only did Matt Hayes accuse Kirby based on his "super secret anonymous source" but has yet to retract it. No more Matt the garbage can Hayes mentions anymore please...thank you.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm really scratching my head with some of the articles the past few days. Yesterday's story about Metchie saying "things could have been different." Why does DawgNation care about that???

I wonder if Tide Nation has had any articles about UGA players saying that we could have beat them in the SECCG if WE hadn't had a string of injuries, etc.

When I first saw the picture of Kirby and Heupel and the caption, I thought it was a Mike Griffith article.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I thought Tennessee was supposed to take the Dawgs down last year with their fast break offense. Turns out all that technique did was give their defense more time on the field to be gashed.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

BA, stop trying to make stories out of nothing. Nobody cares what this guy says.

You are trying too hard to prove something or someone else wrong if it doesn't fit your narrative. With UT's offense and the, let's be honest, a more inexperienced defense for UGA, UT could easily challenge UGA. UT will have a deeper roster on defense, thanks to the transfer portal, or free-agency (whatever you want to call it), and with UGA's 32 ppg against true teams.

Even as great as the defense was last year, they still gave up over 11 ppg, when you don't factor in the 4 cupcake high school offenses. So this year against good offenses, I could easily see them giving up 17 ppg, which isn't bad, and against a sneaky offense, give up 24-27 points. Not that they WILL lose, but with turnovers and penalties, COULD lose. Even the radio personalities here (in Knoxville), don't think UT has closed the gap enough to win, but may have closed the gap to not lose by 24 points. Some even think 10 points or less. Of course everything could change with injuries during camps, but just as the teams are now.

But remember, last year UT had a team that scored 28 points on that bama defense, UGA only scored 24 and 26 points, offensively.

Not to cause arguments, just stating the obvious, of things you choose to ignore.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!