Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia team captain Jamaree Salyer fires back at Alabama players: ‘The game is over’

SystemSystem Posts: 7,419 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia team captain Jamaree Salyer fires back at Alabama players: ‘The game is over’

INDIANAPOLIS — Georgia offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer wasn’t having any of the talk coming from Alabama players about what the Tide “could” or “would” have done in the CFP Championship Game had its players stayed healthy.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jamaree is right....".the game is over...UGA scored more points." Bama hates to lose, especially to Georgia...but lose they did. UGA made the necessary "corrections" and it paid off. "One percent better every day." Coach Smart is behind this win...big time. The team captains led the way on the field. Beautiful sight. Elite performance.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alabama has been losing to Georgia in so many ways over the years.

I think losing to us in football is just a reminder of that.

In the 50s, Birmingham and Atlanta were similar in size. Birmingham had the steel industry, but when Atlanta got Hartsfield, it was game over.

Atlanta's economy grew exponentially, and so did its size.

Georgia is an economic powerhouse compared to Alabama, and this goes right along with what Kirby told the Georgia State Legislature: when the economy grows, people move here, and that growth includes football players.

There's a reason Georgia has more top football prospects as a percentage of the population than any other state in the country.

If Kirby can recruit Georgia and keep the top kids out of Alabama, Tennessee, Fleriduh, Clempson, etc. we will be in excellent shape!

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well said Jamaree! Alabama has surprised me with their would’a, should’a, could’a excuse train. Thought they had more class than that. I remember the Bear Bryant teams. Always played with class. Times have changed. Sad to see.

• Options
    DawgInTallyDawgInTally Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

In response to the Alabama talking point of "we had players hurt," I offer this:

1. It's football. players get hurt.
    2. Georgia had a walk-on QB
    3. Several receivers didn't play all season and weren't up to speed for the game
  • Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My man, Jamaree! DGD! Preach on!

Go Dawgs ! National Champions! 1942, 1980, 2021

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It takes courage to except the truth and determination to change the narrative and the dawgs had both and that is why they won the natty. It had nothing to do with Bama. No matter how hard they try to make it about them. Truth hurts.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2022

UGA was without players too. Should I go through the list? Not gonna. How about next time we WAIT until EVERY Bama player is healthy and THEN schedule when the game can be played? And then if a Bama player gets hurt DURING the game we suspend the game until he can play again! But wait, then we have to do that for UGA. So maybe we can play the championship game by the end of 2022. Or never! Bottom line is the final score and....still might have lost with 100% healthy roster Bama losers. You will NEVER KNOW. Just like when UGA didn't call a timeout against Bama at the end of the 2012 SEC championship. How would it have turned out if they had? UGA SEC and National Champs? Still might have lost. Does not matter now. I do know this though, Bama is NOT 2021 National Champions, UGA IS. So deal with it. Deal with UGA EVERY year from now on. On top of A & M, Auburn. LSU and Ole Miss. Soon throw in OK and TX too. Ya'll will be lobbying to get out of the SEC and go to the ACC soon huh? Probably so since teams are catching up to you on and off the field. And then when Saban retires OMG...ACC BOUND! Igmos

• Options
    2statedawg2statedawg Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

I can't watch Finebaum anymore. My list just keeps growing.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Alabama fans and team-The Stacy Abrams of college football.

• Options
    Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow he only gave up 2 sacks his entire career. That's special.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes. This is a difference I see in the conversation. Dawgs reflecting on the SECCG: we messed up in all of these ways. BAMA reflecting on NCG: well, we didn't have all of our best guys playing. Ownership vs excuses.