Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers following dominant 2022 NFL Combine

SystemSystem Posts: 10,651 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following dominant 2022 NFL Combine

The Georgia football program had an excellent weekend at the 2022 NFL Draft Combine

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome to hear. I don't mean this to sound negative, but I doubt all 14 did amazingly. I haven't combed through all of the combine numbers, but was hoping to see which ones did "average" and "as expected" as well as some that maybe shouldn't have declared.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actually, I just go through the results and overall our athletes represented themselves and UGA quite well. Looking position by position and I didn't see a single result where a Georgia player was listed anywhere close to the bottom of any of the results. That's pretty impressive. I expect this draft to be very positive towards Georgia.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The character of these men is what jumps off the page. All dawg fans knew how physically amazing they were, but they came back, won a championship, and doubled their draft stock. Character champions

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love Jamaree's response to the reporter. The scoreboard doesn't lie..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kudos to all the draft "winners." I like Salyer's comment directed at Bama's loser/whiners Williams and Metchie: "The game is over. We scored more points." Classic Salyer. Gotta love this Dawg.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 334 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hate it for Adam Anderson. I know he has made some decisions and he's got to live with those. Those alleged decisions have already cost him dearly. But, it would have been interesting to see him at the combine. He would have dominated everything. Praying for him to get things turned around.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Winner: The UGA football program. In this mass media day and age you can't top this kind of buzz, exposure, public relations and branding.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This time last year, absolutely no one was predicting the 2021 defense to be “generational”. Now, knowing what we know about that defense and with the combine results, I am that much more excited about the 2022 defense.

At some point we will have to stop describing the Dawg D as “generational” because the results won’t be much different from year to year. That’s what Kirby’s and his staff’s recruiting and development will do.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One thing is for sure, the “Kirby can’t develop” crowd will never shut up until Kirby has a QB go number one overall. Even then, many in that crowd won’t be happy because in their minds whoever was number two was the better QB.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is an outstanding article. Really well thought out, loads of facts, and very strong analysis. Keep up the great work, Connor!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate