Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia basketball falls to Vanderbilt in SEC tourney, Tom Crean firing pending

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball falls to Vanderbilt in SEC tourney, Tom Crean firing pending

The Georgia basketball season came to an end on Wednesday night, and very likely so did Tom Crean’s tenure as the Bulldogs’ head coach.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was really hoping coach Crean would be the man to get our program turned around. I like coach, but it's time to find a young, up and coming coach. We're the University of Georgia, we SHOULD be a h3ll of a lot better in basketball than we've been. I'm tired of seeing our basketball program underachieve! It's time to turn this crap around! Let's go!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2022
  • Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2022

UGA is less competitive in Mens BB than Vandy is in football. Let that sink in.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That pretty much seals Tom's fate. On to the next "coach." Next coach needs optics....size. UGA is small. Cannot convert on or off the boards. UGA needs a total team update. The team has been allowed to become like a relic. Scrimmage at best for SEC foes. Very embarrassing.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Once he gets fired, Tom Crean apologists will talk about how he was missing his two best players because of injury and how he didn't have any height and so on and so forth. All that's true, but I think the real story of this team goes back to all of those transfers after last season. I know there were record numbers of transfers throughout college basketball, but Crean lost the entire team, and the two best players stayed in the SEC. I knew then that he had problems from which he would not overcome. Even if there hadn't been injuries this year, we were still headed for yet another losing season. Time to move on. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been hoping they'd turn it around since the 70's. If I have to wait 50+ years more to see it change, I'll be out of luck, I'd be over 110 years old 🤣

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jump on the chance now to hire a good coach now before other teams start firing their coaches and the pickings get slim.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is he fired yet? Is he fired yet? Is he fired yet?

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia Basketball. Now that's an oxymoron..

• Options
    WebslingrWebslingr Posts: 184 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey Dallas, do you know any Tom Crean apologists?? Gotta be a perty short bus:)

Go DAWGS !!! NCAAF National Champions 1942, 1980, 2021

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2022

He will be fired, but I do not think this week or next. Unless they come to an agreement. I think it will be around April 4......the buyout drops after that day. We need to save all the $$ and find the best fitting coach.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2022

Once Crean is let go, I would really like to see a thorough article on the state of UGA basketball facilities, coaching salaries, and any other factors that will give us a real sense of the athletics department's commitment level toward men's basketball. The AD and others will say all the right things, but what is the real state of the program? If the athletic brass really want men's BB to be making the NCAA tourney on a regular basis, are they supporting it in the way it needs to be supported for that level of success to be a reality? Or are they just giving lip-service without providing the facilities, salaries, etc. needed? I don't know the answer to that question, and I'd really like to get it.