Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Transfer destinations emerge for Georgia quarterback JT Daniels

SystemSystem Posts: 10,484 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageTransfer destinations emerge for Georgia quarterback JT Daniels

Georgia quarterback JT Daniels took a visit to Oregon State.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would have loved to see his arm and "Generalship" in charge. That said, there is no arguing with the success of Stetson Bennett 4 and his shifty running.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT is a class act. I am thankful for his time in Athens and wish this young man the very best. I'll be watching and pulling for him. Go get 'em, JT!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now go show out somewhere!

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Falcons should start thinking about JT. One year at O State and he will be in hot demand. Matt Ryan is getting long in the tooth...

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT Daniels...once a Dawg, always a Dawg. I'm glad you picked UGA and wish it turned out different for you, but, you can't argue with the success Bennett provided. You'll succeed wherever you go. Stay healthy and persevere! Your time will come. I think Missouri might be the spot for you. They've got a helluva receiver coming in this year and Coach Drink is building a prolific offense.

• Options
    ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Matt Ryan was the worst draft pick for the Falcons. Why? Because he looks good on paper only, therefore fooling the Falcons organization into paying huge money for his service, year after year. He's a stat player, not a quality QB. The guy can't even throw the ball 50-yards in a hail-mary. He has no deep threat ability with that weak arm of his. It's so easy to defend a QB that can't throw deep. I haven't watched the Falcons for years now, because of him. I will not watch the Falcons again until he's gone. The guy can do nothing but disappoint. Can't wait until he's gone from the Falcons, so I can enjoy watching them again.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bennett hasn't graduated yet? I understand covid rules allowing additional seasons, etc but he's not graduated and still on scholarship? I do not know how all that works but seems like he should have graduated a couple years ago, right? Are there scholarships just for housing, meals, etc? And do they count against the 85? Maybe he is going for his Masters and since he has football eligibility left he gets one? I am sure there is a simple explanation, I just don't know the answer.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What I don't get, is that he was 19 when he took his team to the GHSA Playoffs. If you believe current DawgNation reporting. He turned 20 in October of his Freshman year of college. How was he eligible to play high school ball in 2016? Why was he 19 when he graduated high school? It looks like he's been behind the eligibility curve long before he ever came to UGA.

Either way, his experience, talent and bond with Monkin, make him UGA's best option at QB for 2022.

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

One of the best QBs to ever set foot on the UGA campus. Wish him only the best.

And.... still holding out for ND (just saying, based on some feedback) but also a great matchup next year, USC @ Oregon State September 22nd.

Should be interesting. Hey, if JT is the QB many of us know he is, he will show up, show out, and move on to the NFL in the next draft and go on to a stellar NFL career. This kid (young man) is a winner and has a NFL brain and NFL arm.

Nothing against anybody, just wishing a good DAWG the best.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been a big Stetson fan the entire eleven years he's been at UGA.

(Yes, he went to junior college for a year.)

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Matt Ryan was certainly good enough to have led the Falcons to a Super Bowl victory, the defense let them down, not to mention the coach who could have ran to set up the field goal that would have definitely been the daggar in the Patriots., but wanted to "go for the jugglar" with a pass, not Matt. Plus he's never had an offensive line worth anything. That said, he's past his prime.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

JT is a good guy but he's too injury prone and not mobile enough to be a good pro prospect.