Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia quarterback JT Daniels plans visit to SEC East Division school

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia quarterback JT Daniels plans visit to SEC East Division school

ATHENS — JT Daniels is expected to visit Missouri this weekend as he continues his search for the right football fit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2022

As fragile/injury prone as he is…..he may be better off getting out of the SEC.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, Idunno. For whatever reason, I'm not terribly concerned about this. JT's pretty great. Missouri, as a whole, is not. One good QB isn't going to change that, and it won't last but a year, anyway - not enough time to develop Misery as a legitimately competitive team.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Funny as hell if he goes to Mizzou and then torches the Dawgs this fall!

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just hope JT can stay healthy for a full season, and put up some big numbers. I'd love to see him in the League.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT has one season to play QB....wherever he lands, I hope he is able to start, otherwise it is in vain. He is a very good QB but tends to get injured. The NFL is quite aware of this. So, I do not know what his football future holds. I enjoyed watching him while he was at UGA. Wish him the very best.

• Options
    edited March 2022

I just watched the CFBCG again Monday night. Wow. UGA did not play well for almost 3 quarters. The D stiffened and forced FG's when it had to. Carried the O. Lots of Penalties and SBIV was not accurate and threw the ball up. SBIV was his usual 1 read then scramble right. Got sacked a few times "scrambling". Made 1 excellent throw (Pickens - who had 2 steps) and 1 throw where AD outfought the AL DB for a great catch. SBIV fortunately (miraculously?) recovered his own fumbles TWICE! UGA won despite SBIV not because of SBIV. The way UGA kicked AL tail up and down the field in the 4th Q I am not sure that JTD would not have been the better choice playing the entire game. Go back and watch the game yourself. Unless SBIV gets a lot better at reading D and throwing intermediate routes he will be replaced at QB during the season.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, are you implying JT would have done better? The same JT who only scored 3 points against Clemson? The same JT who only passed for a single TD in his 8 quarters against teams with winning records (Cincinnati and Clemson). Yes, SB struggled, but imagine how many times JT would have been sacked against Bama. I really like JT, but he was clearly, in the eyes of our coaches, not the best “fit”. Remember, we aren’t saying he’s not the best “passer”, but the coaches know much better than we do as to who is the best “QB”. I didn’t attend practices so I have to believe the coaches know a little more than we do about who the best “leader” was….and according to outcomes they were likely correct. Go Dawgs and good luck JT.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! For all the armchair QB experts who kept saying Stet could not lead the team to a natty right up until he did and called Kirby an idiot because he couldn’t evaluate QBs, I am surprised at the teams that are interested in JT. From all the “expert” comments about Kirby not playing “a future first rounder”, I figured Bama would sit Young for a year and JT would be Saban’s next natty winning QB! So much for DN armchair “experts”!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Given last year's phenomenal team outcome with Stet under center, going with him preseason as "1" is fine by me. But I'll assume, after spring and summer drills, the best QB will be at the helm come gametime this season. The good news is, there are 4 really talented QBs in that room, all pushing each other. The winner of That contest darned sure oughta be able to lead this offense, making us all happy campers, whoever it is. Go Dawgs!

• Options

Shoot, You are soooooo correct!!! Over the past 2 seasons the coaches had Bennett pegged as a backup. He was #2 at the start of the 2020 season and came in to literally save us against Arkansas….and he started until he was injured against Florida. This past season he was #2 or #3 on opening day, but again came in to save the season when JT was injured. At some point fans need to realize SB hasn’t received preferential treatment by the coaches. He has EARNED the starting job by being prepared to take over when called upon. He seized the opportunities, never let go……and kicked a$$ along the way.

• Options
    edited March 2022

Yes I am implying that JTD could have done as well as SBIV vs AL in the CFBCG. Go back and watch the game again. The rest of the team carried him. JTD certainly could not have done any worse especially vs AL in the SECCG. SBIV was sacked 5 times vs AL in the CFBCG. For all his "elusiveness" he didn't "escape" the rush once. JTD could have read the D and gotten the ball out faster and avoided sacks. SBIV couldn't and took 5 sacks. His fumble alone in his own red zone almost cost UGA the game. SBIV was not impressive vs AL. Nor was his decision making. He luckily recovered 2 of his own fumbles and threw up passes (1 to McConkey, 1 to Pickens fade, etc) that could easily have been intercepted. He was lucky. He was a game manager on a great team that carried him. BYoung threw 2 INT's and still had a QBR rating 10 pts higher than SBIV in the game. If you think SBIV was more great than lucky in that game you are either looking through rose colored glasses or don't know much about football.

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't wait to see the spring game to see what we have offensively. I hope we see some of our WRs that have been injured back in the fold and contributing. Also interested in seeing what the TEs Washington and Delp can do while Bowers is recovering from surgery. GO DAWGS!

• Options

Ya think Bennett could have scored more than 3 points against Clemson? In 2020 and 2021 Bennett averaged 27 points against great Bama defenses in 3 games……much closer games than even Justin Fields could do. That’s more points in each game than JT scored against the only teams he has ever beaten with winning records. I just don’t understand how some fans have this fantasy about JT’s abilities when he’s never really shown it in the past 4 seasons. Oh well, we can all have our opinions and we will never know who’s correct. All I know is SB led us to a NC and JT really couldn’t have done much better.