Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia quarterback JT Daniels plans visit to SEC East Division school

2»

Comments

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

You're beating a dead horse chief. Do a little research. Google is right at your finger tips. Clemson's D was ranked #3 in the country statistically in '20 and returned 10 of 11 starters in'21. Loaded with highly ranked players at all levels. Bressee, Murphy, Skalski, Booth. Their DL was rated tops in the country. G TRatlege , UGA most physical OL, was hurt on the 3rd play of the game, An undersized Center WEricson played the rest of the game at RG with a cast on his hand. (The same WEricson that UGA had to bench after halftime and move Salyer to RG to probably save the game. AL was victimizing Ericson.) CVPG's 1st start at C. AND JTD gutting out a smart decision game while he was hurt. Everyone found out after the game that JTD was hurt. I don't need to fantasize about JTD's stat's. I have seen him play and throw, I have also seen SBIV play. Watch the game again. UGA played poorly for almost 3 Q's. Holding AL to FG's won the game. The team carried SBIV. Pretty much like it did all year. If SBIV doesn't miraculously cover his own (untouched) fumble in the 1st Q. UGA probably loses. Believe what you want. But you can't ignore the facts.

• Options
    Dawg01Dawg01 Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior

It just blows my mind that many of you think that if you supported one QB that you couldn't support the other.

For the record, I thought JTD was the better QB. But you have to trust the coaches. Was at the Natty and you had to wonder if Daniels was about to come in the game after the fumble. (And rumor is that if Stetson didn't move the team next time down - he was).

JTD did everything right at Georgia; including being a darn good teammate when he lot the job to Stetson. And to Stetson's credit, with everything riding in the 4th quarter of the Natty - he came up BIG. HUGE!

So let's be happy for Stetson and let's wish JTD well, and hope that he goes to WVU and just tears it up there; so we can pull for the kid in EVERY game he plays and then hope he goes on to a big NFL career. I still think he is the better QB; but that doesn't mean that I don't love and respect Bennett for being a DGD.

Georgia's offense has a chance to be record breaking this fall. Let's be excited about that and wish let's hope that Daniel's plays lights out somewhere else, preferably out of the SEC.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Yep, and Bennett finished #3 in the Country in QB ratings, was the MVP in both play-off games and led us to a NC. Seems like you are the one who is “cherry picking” stats to make your point. BTW, at some point folks need to face reality which is JT lost his job at USC to a QB who was ranked #82 this past season and left the team. At UGA he lost his job to an unranked former walk-on. I like JT, but I’m sick of the blind Bennett Bashers who struggle to make their point that JT is the greatest QB to ever play between the hedges. Hopefully he will stay well and succeed at his next stop because he is a good guy and remained loyal to our team.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shootthehooch- "I am surprised at the teams that are interested in JT"

THink about what you said about the arm chair QB's "knowing more than Kirby" and now you seem to "know more" than these College coaches(several of them)apparently who would love to have JT as their guy. Oh the irony.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh please! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Eat your crow. This tired argument is over. 🤣

• Options

Oh okay. It was ALL SBIV. The 14 guys invited to the NFL combine had nothing to do with it. Maybe in another 10-20 years you will understand enough about football to make an intelligent analysis son.

• Options
    edited March 2022

Sounds like you are the the one cherry picking stats chief. According to rivals, SBIV was listed as a 2* on the 2019 UGA commitment list. Again you are cherry picking accomplishments resulting from team success. A great team that SBIV drove the bus for. If you look at the stat's from JTD's and SBIV careers at UGA: JT lead in completion % (69.5 to 62), TD/Int %, Y/A, AY/A and QB efficiency (168.1 to 160.6). And that is without padding his numbers playing for the CFB champions. JT lost his job at SC because he was hurt. He lost it at UGA because he got hurt. CKS road the "hot hand" or JTD was still hurt. Show me where I ever said JTD was great? You don't have to be great to be better than SBIV. THAT was the point. A great team carried SBIV. Watch the sideline (circus) catch BBrowers made vs MI and tell me that was a good throw. FORTUNATELY, some lucky fumble recoveries by SBIV and some great defense and RUNNING O in the 4th Q vs AL kept SBIV from losing another game vs AL. Plain and simple. Right there on video tape. Could JTD done better? Who knows. In the 3 games vs AL SBIV lost 2 and was carried by a better team to a win. Not struggling to make a point at all. It is all there on film. Never said JTD was great. Just probably better than SBIV.

• Options

You are responding to a strawman narrative that I have never advanced.

Bennett was part of a team effort. That is always the case with QBs and every other position.

Bennett led the Dawgs to a National Championship. He carried the offense on a winning comeback drive with his arm in the fourth quarter of the NCG. He outperformed the Heisman Trophy winner in a tough NCG. He was selected as offensive MVP in both rounds of the CFP. He ranked 3rd in QBR nationally for the season. Overall, Stetson Bennett is the best QB at Georgia at this time—not factually debatable based on actual results. 😉

• Options
    edited March 2022

If you want to be a blindly loyal fan fine. If you don't want to look at UGA objectively then don't read my posts. UGA won because they were the better team. Not because of SBIV. They almost lost to AL AGAIN because of SBIV. You didn't see the game if you think SBIV won the game for UGA. It is all in the stat's. Even w/2 int's BYoung had a better QBR than SBIV. Both AL games this season. A few lucky bounces, phenomenal catches, scoring D and 4th Q running game won the game. It is all there on the film. One last very telling stat to put this argument to bed for good. As a freshman at USC, when he should've still been in HS, JTD completion % was within 5% of SBIV's (with 4 yrs of CFB playing experience) QB'ing a championship team. Thank you SBIV for driving the bus and not making too many mistakes and bad throws to lose to AL again. Hopefully, with the extra experience, SBIV will improve his pre and post snap reads and not make 1 read and scramble right as he has shown a tendency to do. I would also like to see him be able get the ball over the D line and use the middle of the field on intermediate routes. He finally did start to learn not to always throw the ball up for grabs. He threw it up for grabs a few times vs AL but also threw the ball away a few times. That was an improvement he made at the end of the season. If he doesn't continue to make those improvements he is likely to get passed for QB1 this season. Watch the games like a coach not like a blindly loyal fan.

• Options

Let's just say the best defense won the game. The best QB lost. So, it's really hard to compare apples to apples . If the defense hadn't played lights out, if they hadn't lost Williams, if only this or that and on it goes.

I'm happy with the NC. I seriously don't think SB could beat BAMA outdueling Young and Williams. THe good thing is because of our defense and the fact Williams got hurt, he didn't have to. He just had to be himself, distribute the ball, not turn it over, and hit a couple of big throws, even if the receivers made circus catches...he still get's credit.

As far as who is the better pure passer when healthy... I have my opinion... but I think the Draft will eventually best determine that.

THe fact is, even if JT had been our QB he wouldn't have won any more games than SB did. Everything else is just about "our guy." Whichever that one is or was.

• Options
  • Options

Among other things, the NFL draft has nothing to do with any of this. 😉

• Options
  • Options

I throw out all those facts and stat's and cite individual plays and that's what you got? "You live in a fantasy world"? I must remind myself that sometimes I am trying to be logical with children.

• Options

Look man, we can just agree to disagree. We both have facts. However, your argument is moot—the Dawgs won the Natty led by Bennett at QB. Unless something unexpected happens, Bennett is the starter for 2022. Go Dawgs! Go Stetson!