Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart reveals ‘the biggest challenge’ with Gerogia quarterbacks this spring

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart reveals ‘the biggest challenge’ with Gerogia quarterbacks this spring

Georgia football has a dilemma at its quarterback position due to some injuries at wide receiver.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can't be expected to get endless WRs like Bama does if we don't do deep routes, but we definitely need to get more TEs.

All I can say on the QB situation is that I hope that Vandagriff and even Gunner get LEGITIMATE chances to start.

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

The QB situation is better than our spell check situation. Might not been so bad if it wasn't the word Georgia in big letters

• DoublegDoubleg Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Is it unreasonable to expect that Kirby/Monken will evaluate all QBs, and come out of Spring Practice with a confirmed, no-question starter? Will he give Beck/Vandagriff (not counting on Stockton) a chance to become the starter? I truly hope that Spring Practice will be the time when all questions are answered, and a definitive starter, with no further questions asked, will be named.

• okcdawgokcdawg Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

"Injuries are once again an issue for Georgia's pass catchers this Spring". Makes me wonder after reading the article about John Fitzpatrick.

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Aside from getting the reps, Beck and Vandagriff probably need to come out of spring with a better idea of who's in the No. 2 spot.

Most people seem to think Vandagriff has the edge and that Beck is likely to test the waters to transfer. But it would be good for a solid answer on that this fall so that the guy staying is the most promising as this year's backup.

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Surprised Beck did not go to Oregon with Lanning.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess, based on past experience the guy with the best legs wins the #2 job.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I gotta tell you, Beck likely has no interest in being named number 2. That did not work out for him at all this past season.

I just hope each QB gets an opportunity because the best should be the starter. Not the entrenched or the oldest or most experienced. I want the best.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

National Championship MVP Stetson Bennett is the starter. 😉

Go Stetson, go Dawgs!