Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Major 2023 quarterback domino falls as Tennessee lands commitment from 5-star Nico Iamaleava

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageMajor 2023 quarterback domino falls as Tennessee lands commitment from 5-star Nico Iamaleava

The 2023 quarterback recruiting cycle continues to take shape as Tennessee landed a commitment from a 5-star quarterback.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Remember in '20 when TN was ranked #1 in recruiting on like May 1st and their fans were riding high? Then the wheels came off and they finished 35th. Good times. It is a long way to signing day. My $$ is on a Lanning and OR flip. No bigger NIL opportunity than Nike. "Hello Phil? This is Coach Lanning. Hey, could you do me a favor and call ....?"

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

No reason to get excited. they come and they go.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm pretty stoked about the guys we we already have in the QB room - especially Brock and Gunnar. The future looks bright!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NIL...going to be a major factor in recruting from now on. Good for some, not much for others. Not a real fan...just my opinion.

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

In my humble opinion, I'd rather have Dylan Raiola slinging for GA than Arch Manning. Just a gut feeling.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So there has never been any limitations on NIL for NFL players right? Today I saw a commercial (Subway?) with Jimmy Garoppolo. Garoppolo has been in the NFL for 8 years and this is the 1st time I have seen him in a commercial. Think about it. How many professional athletes do you really see in commercials? What %? My point is, so how many (%?) CFB players can expect to have significant endorsement deals? Unless they allow "boosters" to buy recruits how many players can expect to get legitimate significant NIL deals? And when these "sponsors" see the return on investment you may see even fewer deals. One thing you can count on continuing to see is good HS players being developed into good CFB players by the UGA staff.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am stoked about all of them. That includes the one most people don't give much love to, Beck. None have done anything yet and are on equal footing in my mind. I will add this. It is not written in stone that Bennett is starting QB all season or even game 1 or 2. Way I see it is he probably starts but others get in games A LOT and if one is ready to takeover, he will takeover at some point. I think Monken wants to open up the offense and while Bennett does provide some things like experience and his legs, he **** on 3rd down passing and on certain passes and plays and he will throw an INT in a heartbeat so plays have to be conservative to not let him lose a game and with the exception of the Natty, he does not usually win one late with his passing, to avoid int's and all of this takes away a lot of plays. And again third down passing did not come close to getting the job done. I mean other than the Natty how many games did we win because of Bennett? So I am sure Monken wants a QB who can throw better. That being said, Bennett is getting better and will likely be even better this season. So tough call. Going to be interesting!! Tell you what though, Stockton just might be QB come 2023, especially if Bennett is starter all of this year because Brock and Beck won't get a leg up on him...Brock and Beck, reminds me of shampoo