Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football 2022 spring practice live updates, injury news and key position battles

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football 2022 spring practice live updates, injury news and key position battles

Georgia football will begin its 2022 spring practice on Tuesday. Below you can find live updates, injury news and the latest on some of the key position battles for Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm surprised Connor didn't mention DT and DE. Given returning players and/or emerging depth we have in so many other positions, those seem to me two of the biggest question marks.

Granted: We have promising players and some with experience there. But it's just hard not to imagine a big drop off from Wyatt and T. Walker.

The good news:

1. Three OL positions are likely set with players who can compete for All-SEC honors
    2. No. 1 QB is a mature competitor with better skills than he's given credit for.
    3. The TE room is ridiculous!
    4. WR starters are returning
    5. NT and Jack LB may be All-Americans, and I'm gonna say that we've got a CB (Keelee) who could play at that level this year
    6. And as Connor reports: We've got a depth of talent in each of those open positions
  • Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Will one of you dawgnation folks put the pressure on to get the questioners mike situation improved. Its a shame with so much $ and technology your audience cant hear the questions. Annoying. Thanks in advance.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

D. Washington hurt yesterday. Out for the Spring.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This comment alone was worth the read: ““If somebody comes in and they’re better than me, they’re going to start. It’s the University of Georgia.” That, plus the other commentary from SBIV, should put to rest the notion that he was “guaranteed” to start… I hope 🙂 Really good detail from the others, as well. Nice read, even during “just” spring practice 🤙

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, Milton has weak knees, always with the MCLs and I felt like watching him last year, he would go down easy if someone touched him as opposed to his freshman year! Hope he gets back to that form and stays healthy

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Last year it was the receivers. This year, it seems like it's going to be the linebackers that are the unit that's going to be fighting the injury bug throughout the season. The injury to CJ Washington sounds more ominous to me than it's being made out to be. They say he's just out for Spring and I hope that's true, but seems like a shoulder/neck injury will linger. And even if it doesn't, as a freshman he really needs these Spring reps to be able to significantly contribute in the fall. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Willock “trimming his weight down to **** pounds.”

Solid job of writing.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There’s always one person complaining about finding errors in FREE journalism in the comments. ALWAYS. ONE.

Good freakin grief. Just go pay for content if this isn’t up to your standard - there are a half dozen subscription options; but for Christ’s sake…. quit your griping.

• Options
    dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Or they could just raise their game as “journalists.”

Or feel free to ignore my comments, as I will yours.

• Options
    FishingDawgFishingDawg Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

I wish the English scholar would explain the use of quotation marks around the word 'journalists'. Who are you quoting? And starting two sentences with 'or', really?

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is it just me, or are others not really so worried about the receiver corps?

By my count, we have six established WRs with a lot of upside: Blaylock, Jackson, McConkey, Mitchell, Rosemary-Jacksaint and A. Smith.

There may not be a George Pickens among them. So there is some question about who comes through in the clutch in a big game (although AD certainly did last year).

But between them all (and if they stay reasonably healthy), the athleticism, speed, hands and route-running is bound to produce a couple of breakouts. Add in the facts that opposing that DBs will have to give a lot of attention to our TEs and that our OL should be able to provide the time for routes to develop.

I'm worried about corners. I'm worried about ILs. WRs? Not so much.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

There is/was an interesting article about AGilbert on Saturday Down South. It had film showing every target to him in '20 (freshman year). The guy was probably 6'5" 245 lb (?). He looked like a wr . Much more of a wr than BBowers who looks like a TE w/great straight line speed. With Gilbert now at 265 lb (!) the question is can he ever get down to 245 lb again? Gilbert was not split out wide often but he was consistently open when he was. Only poor QB play kept him from being more successful out wide. The picture at the top of this article of KJackson making a circus , 1 handed catch on a 5 yard crossing route on an inaccurate throw by SBIV is a microcosm of the '21 passing offense.