Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Florida legend claims he got $50,000 from UGA and signed with Gators

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2022 in Article commenting
imageFlorida legend claims he got $50,000 from UGA and signed with Gators

One of the best football players in the history of the Florida Gators went on Barstool Sports this week and claimed that he got paid nearly $50,000 by the Georgia Bulldogs as a high school recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s ridiculous that people wait 20, 30, 40 years or more to bring something bad up. Tell it when it happens or take it to the grave.

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Took the money and went to UF. That's what we would expect from a Florida player.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2022

Gotta love that FU math aptitude. " (I’d get) $1,000, $1,500 or three grand every time I went over. And I went over three or four times.” $3K x 4 = $12K $50K??? Apparently he didn't major in math. Gotta believe FU paid more. I wonder if the cash was delivered in McDonald's bags? Would it not be more accurate to say Taylor got money from a UGA booster than he got money from UGA?

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yuh. Totally believable. Got money from the Dawgs, but went to Flurduh gratis, because he loved the school just. that.much.

• 10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 250 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't make that crap up, oh wait a minute...

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

15 more minutes of fame

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2022

"When Taylor was asked if the amount was indeed around $50,000, he replied, “It was up there. It was closer to $50,000 (than $30,000). Those were just the days.

“I would go over to this guy’s place, and say ‘I’m in West Palm. I’m visiting my mom. He’d say ‘Ah, come over to my place.’ (I’d get) $1,000, $1,500 or three grand every time I went over. And I went over three or four times.”

Leave it up to a gayturd. Even at max amount of 3,000 dollars and going over there 4 times. Yeah, so close to 50k. Can't even count. Maybe he should get a refund on that education or lack there of from florduh. 😂🤣😂🤣

Just saw your post, UGADad20. I didn't mean to copy your statement. Figures, UGA fans are all just that smart.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

So why is Dawgnation even giving this garbage the time of day?