Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arch Manning: What makes him the man beyond the famous Manning name

SystemSystem Posts: 10,528 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageArch Manning: What makes him the man beyond the famous Manning name

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep offers an alternate view on the nation’s No. 1 overall prospect for 2023. That is 5-star QB Arch Manning.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we get Arch that would be fantastic of course. If we don’t? I love our QB room right now and for the future, and I’m not at all worried about it.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If ever there was an undervalued QB it would have to be Gunner.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know about Lawrence and I know about Watson. All time great quarterbacks from Georgia and much the reason Dabo is a household name in college football circles. Gunner broke their records and somehow never got a fifth star in the composite and is little more than an afterthought in UGA ‘s QB room. Something’s wrong with that picture! I’m just not sure the circus that comes with Arch and his skills is going to be that much better than Gunner or Brock or Carson. Then again, the thought of Arch being on Bama’s sideline with an SEC championship and the playoffs on the line is downright chilling!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't think that the Manning family will let Kirby Smart near Arch. Mark my words.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did you see the video of Kirby, Luke, and Monken all at Arch's basketball game right after the Natty?

I can't imagine that Kirby didn't get some time with him.

The fact that Monken was there made me feel that he wants to stay as OC for at least this season.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your last sentence is EXACTLY why I want him so bad! And I suspect that's in Kirby's mind too.

As DallasDawg said, I don't think Gunnar is an afterthought. With someone like Monken and Smart, you don't just show up on campus and get the keys to the Ferrari.

I've been pulling for Carson Beck since he committed, but seeing his play last year showed me that he needed more time. I'm hoping he stays after this year because I think he'll be ready.

It's all that they can learn from one another...I still think that JTD showed Stetson some things and that helped him with his throws.

BTW, who does Alabama have as backup in case Young gets injured?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those are a lot of superlatives for one article. His HS coach said he does everything but walk on water. Or maybe he did and I missed it. That is putting a lot of pressure on the kid. I would like to see that 4.5 40. At 6'4" 220 that is a game changer. Rather recruit him and have it all sorted out in practice than see him at AL, FU, LSU or OSU. One thing you can be sure of. He has been digesting defensive film with his uncles since he was in 8th grade. He has got to be the most advanced HS QB, cerebrally, in the history of HS football. That will be a huge advantage at the next level not only in games but vs the competition in practice.

I believe UGA is a co-favorite to land him. The Manning's are an SEC family. The Manning's want him in a good program where he will be protected and have a good chance to win it all. You will be hard pressed to find an OL room as well stocked as UGA's over the next 2-3 year (and beyond pending recruiting). AL in the same boat but no one else in the SEC. The Manning's seem to like/respect CKS and like what he has built at UGA. Saban will stay at AL for all of Arch's eligibility providing his health status cooperates. Do the Manning's really want to put Arch in the hands of Sarkisian? He is unproven and TX does not have the foundation of talent that UGA or AL does. Training in UGA's pro style O has to be more attractive than taking a beating in an RPO or just slinging the ball 50 times a game. The Manning's don't chase records (or NIL). They'll chase wins and championships. CFB suffers from Alabama "fatigue". If Arch goes to AL he will just be another cog in the AL machine. Going to UGA he can be the fulcrum for the changing of the guard. The highest profile (as well as safest?) position in CFB being the QB of the program that topples the dynasty. Gotta believe all that is appealing to the Mannings.