Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mel Kiper claims Alabama beats UGA if Jameson Williams isn’t hurt

2»

Comments

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

What really perturbed me most about the outlandish and derisive comment by Kiper when Jameson was selected was the fact he said it not once but twice! He is at the top of the heap of bas/re:tards.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just another talking head with a hypothetical hot take... (yawn).

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

Yeah, I think that Mel Kiper is just Paul Finebaum with hair.....

These posts on this thread actually made me weep with joy.... I had been trashing Kiper (Idiot) on the Forum and I come on this thread and find that it has been taken to another level! I love it. Cannot hate on Kiper enough! Thanks, this has made my day!!

Go Dawgs and in your ear sir!

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MelKiperESPN is lazy. Not really a football guy...watches the ball and who makes the tackle, not necessarily the play. BIG DIFFERENCE. Probably doesn't understand leverage, concepts, backside discipline, being in-phase, etc, so he regurgitates the obvious talking points. He's one of those pioneers that management just can't find a way to get rid of. His ship is WAY beyond the horizon.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Only one thing matters. Who won. This year. Not last year. Not the past decade. Not the past 5 decades. Not how many championships in history. Every year stands alone and on its own. Talk is cheap. The scoreboard decides it all. Who won the 2021 National Championship Game? The Georgia Bulldogs.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What an obnoxious comment. Kiper would have has a point had he meant to say that Alabama was the inferior team because Saban didn't have the depth to make up for two injured WRs.

Contrast that to Georgia. We DID have the depth to make up for two injured receivers (Blaylock, Smith) -- not to mention three who weren't playing at full strength (Jackson, Bowers, Pickens).

A supposed expert ought to realize that would've-could've-should've is rabbit hole. Georgia: "Our best edge rusher was suspended mid season." Alabama: "We were down so many DBs." Georgia: "Oh, yeah? We were down an All-American safety plus our best guard, all season. And our offense might have been more high-powered if JT Daniels never got injured."

If the argument is that Alabama was somehow the better team, what does Kiper have to say about 2018. Most folks would agree that Georgia outplayed Alabama in that game -- but Alabama escaped a loss with practically a Hail Mary. Is Kiper going to put the same kind of asterisk on that win?

• Options
    GawgiaboyGawgiaboy Posts: 16 ✭✭ Sophomore

Mel Kiper is so anti-Dawgs he cannot hide it! It started with Travon Walker when he was bashing the young man. Kiper knows nothing about evaluating talent, techniques or football strategy. He focuses on statistics only. He was drooling over Hutchinson who disappeared when he played against the Dawgs but Kiper ignored that fact. Kiper showed a video of Jordan Davis not rushing the passer at full speed which was totally inappropriate on Kiper's part. Davis was containing the run on that play but showed it on national TV which was very despicable. Kiper doesn't consider the level of competition when evaluating these Dawgs. NFL teams went against Kiper's idiotic comments and evaluations by drafting 5 Dawgs in the first round. Kiper is football illiterate!

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does Mel Kiper also work at CNN, MSNBC?

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2022

Let me be sure I understand this, we had an opening day third string former walk-on as our quarterback, lost or had injured top receivers, had a current walk-on starting at safety as well as backups in the rest of the secondary yet alabama loses one guy while still having the reigning Heisman winner yet we are supposed to believe they were the better team? Are we saying the rest of their team was garbage, including the reigning Heisman winner and the loss of this one kid cost them the game.

What a buffoon.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kiper has gotten very far despite the fact he has very little talent.

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sooo, will there be an asterisk near Georgia national championship??? Another thing, is Mel Kiper and a lot of other people insinuating that coach Nick Saban, The GOAT, can't figure out a way to overcome injuries and win a game. Injuries are common in a very physical sport such as football. This can't be the same coach I saw win the 2018 national championship game against UGA by replacing an ineffective starting star player with a second string freshman quarterback, right? Please give the Georgia players and the coaching staff credit for winning. Let it be. Maybe this level of disrespect can be used for motivation for CKS and his players. Also, Shoutout to the five defensive players drafted in the 1st round. Keep making history. GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Five Dawgs drafted in the first round. Doesn't really matter what Mr. Kiper says....

• Options
    Sfcarr34Sfcarr34 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Mel Kiper talent evaluation is almost as bad as his har. Consider the source.

He was supposed to be retired. Jimmy Clausen top QB. Great call.......

Eight years ago, Mel Kiper said he’d retire in 2018 if Jimmy Clausen wasn’t a successful NFL QB – well, here we are… (awfulannouncing.com)

Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wellll...Saban DID admit that in interview a month after he lost.

Mel Kiper works as a "Fact Checker" MSNBC. 😆🤣

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thank you for the last two paragraphs. Maybe Dawgnations should rant about the players we had out...Oh there is no need because Georgia is College Football National Champions. And we did it with a young receiver corps. Is that why Saban said that is the reason they lost. Because of the young players. Ingram must have forgotten Georgia have had Bama beat on several occasions but somehow couldn't finish them off. Bottom line they need to accept the fact they lost. Mel Kiper opinion have less credibility than his draft picks.

• Options
    RxDawg06RxDawg06 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

“Game’s over. We scored more points” - Jamaree Salyer

• Options
    wlddawg22wlddawg22 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Who did Kiper play college football with? I don't remember him but I'm getting old. He's living, breathing, walking, and talking proof that anyone can do his job.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, because with him on the field, they were already scoring so many tds. SMH.

So how long did everyone have to wait, for him to finally get in the endzone? He played on 4 drives, I think. 0 tds. So how much was he going to make a difference?

Him and Herbstreit both talked about how effective he was. 4 catches for 64 yards. 1 was 40. I don't think 8 yards per catch on the rest, is a "problem". His 1 big catch came on a blitz that was actually picked up, and a blown coverage by Kendrick. And no safety paying attention to the middle of the field. Kirby would not let that happen again.

I think all that mousse kiper has in his hair has finally leaked through his scalp and caused brain damage. 😂🤣😂🤣🤡🤡🤡

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!