Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NFL head coach overlooks Georgia, claims Michigan and Alabama best at preparing players for NFL

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageNFL head coach overlooks Georgia, claims Michigan and Alabama best at preparing players for NFL

John Harbaugh might not want to apply for a role as a college football analyst should he willingly give up his head coaching job anytime soon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Spitting fire. I love it. That was a pretty dumb thing to say by Harbaugh. I guess it runs in the family. Ravens have drafted one UGA player since Kirby started, at least that I can recall. Meanwhile Nick Chubb has been running all over his defense for 4 years now….

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Perhaps Forrest Gump said it best with the line, "**** is as **** does." A new reiteration is now - dumb people say dumb things regardless of facts to the contrary. Facts are difficult things when they prove you wrong, for you can't successfully refute them.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith

Mike...ya think maybe he meant to say "the Ravens are built similar to College teams, such as Michigan and Alabama"? They play like a College team, so, it's easier for College players to fit right in. LOL

Although saying they play like Alabama is a reach...maybe more like Michigan and some of the other BIG10/12 teams.

If I was the owner and heard him say that, I would have to question his sanity or competence and fire his butt.

Loooossserrrrrs!

• wlddawg22wlddawg22 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Great article Mike, very amusing that people still refuse to believe that UGA is ELITE.

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Absolutely love the article and it would be even funnier if there wasn’t just a tad of sadness for the stupidity exhibited by Harbaugh. Not one single NFL coach would list Michigan there but leave it to his brother to try and prop up a lost cause in the maize and blue. That fan base better be prepared for more disappointment; their ride last year was a mirage and won’t be repeated but hey, they’ve got that direct pipeline to the NFL going for them.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

I’m guessing this is how that John Hardballs interview took place. That’s John in the middle.

GO DAWGS!

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I might be upset, if I didn't consider the source. LOL

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Harbaugh....how is this a story? Lolololol.

• 87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't see anything offensive to UGA in what John Harbaugh had to say. It's not surprising that Jim Harbaugh, who was a very successful NFL coach, would run his program like an NFL program. John Harbaugh said Alabama and Michigan do the best job of preparing their players for the NFL; he didn't say they produce the best players. Michigan doesn't recruit the talent of Georgia or Alabama so we know that's not true. Both Michigan and Alabama have several former NFL coaches on their staffs and head coaches that coached in the NFL. This is much ado about nothing.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey words here: “Harbaugh” & “thinking”

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

I mean Jim wouldn’t not say Michigan…why would he say Bama and UGA, but not his program? He isn’t trying to have recruits go to UGA or Bama, he is trying to lure them to UM. This is a **** article Mike! It’s like saying Kirby said UGA and Ohio State are the best programs but left out Bama…he doesn’t want players to go to Bama, he wants them to come to Athens! 🙄

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

I'd suggest reading the article. Or even the headline.

Granted, the same general point could be made about John Harbaugh supporting his brother. But the piece isn't about Jim.

• UGADawg44UGADawg44 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Trying to squeeze a little too much out of what was a great year for UM football. Reality check please!

• deplorabledawgdeplorabledawg Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments like Harbaugh's confirms to me how he votes & for which party he votes!

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bless his heart.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

People forget that 2 years ago Jim Harbaugh's job at MI was hanging by a thread. MI fans wanted him gone. He couldn't beat OSU and he couldn't win the Big10. So he needed to squeeze all the mileage out of his run last year as he could. He brother happily perpetuated the illusion for him. UGA absolutely mopped the field w/MI last year. MI was completely unprepared for UGA.

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

This guy has arguably the best player in football and has not found out how to effectively use him. His "thinking" is but confirms his ability to understand talent.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

My comment wasn't gone.. I posted on the wrong article, old age is starting to show 😂 when I saw the name Harbaugh (Jim or John) associated with the article, I knew I was in for a good laugh or two. I wasn't disappointed..GoDAWGS!