Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia baseball poised for super stretch run after taking down No. 1 Tennessee in Knoxville

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia baseball poised for super stretch run after taking down No. 1 Tennessee in Knoxville

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Georgia baseball found its groove at No. 1 Tennessee, and not a moment too soon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

First Kyprianou & now we hear Strickland is tired of butting heads over the 3rd rate facilities in Athens?? How many coaches & top athletes do we need to lose before UGA develops a true capital improvement plan for ALL sports facilities?? While there have been some improvements, Foley Field & Spec Towns are basically the same today as they were in my days in Athens 40 years ago. The Dan McGill Tennis Complex used to host the SEC & NCAA tournaments nearly every year when it was state of the art in the early to mid 80's. Don't even get me started on Stegeman Coliseum. We've started taking of football; it's time to step up to the plate across the board.

• JuniorDawgJuniorDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

I graduated in 2006 and very little has changed. Our football program is reeling in the money so hopefully that’ll help in the near future.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If UGA does well in the playoffs, you will likely see Josh Brooks look at improving the facilities. UGA baseball has really tried gamely to hang in the top tier of SEC schools...despite its surroundings. UGA needs to pony up the bucks to really compete.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't go into detail but trust me @Betheredge, you'll be hearing about major improvements to UGA's baseball facilities soon. Now I don't know whether Stricklin will still be the head coach when that happens, but the facilities themselves are in for major upgrades. Go Dawgs!