Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arch Manning: Nation’s No. 1 overall prospect has ‘no idea’ yet about his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageArch Manning: Nation’s No. 1 overall prospect has ‘no idea’ yet about his college decision

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep shares what Arch Manning had to say about Georgia football and what stands out to him about the national champions. He ranks as the No. 1 prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

FOr someone who suposedly doesn't like all the drama, it looks like he's going down to the wire with this thing.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"When lunchtime rolls around, he will often pick out a new face. That is usually a freshman. He will ask them to join his group for lunch."

Aww, that's awesome. For someone who has had the Manning name + the talent to back it up from early on, it's gotta be tough to be grounded. Sounds like the type of guy that would stay 4 years at a school even if he didn't have to.

• Options
    USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't conflate the drama that we and the media create with what is going on in his head. It appears he is able to tune out the noise pretty well.

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know where he's going also.😎

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice article. Thanks.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Arch decides to come play at UGA, I can’t wait to see Archie, Cooper, Payton and Eli, all decked out in Georgia gear. 😂

Best of luck to him, where ever he decides to go!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Surprised the Mannings are dragging this out for another round of visits. They know what they need to know about each program. TX/Sark are not there yet culturally or talent wise and may not be in the SEC until Arch is a Jr. AL/Saban is more like pro football with Saban bringing in FA's from the TP. UGA is now the leading traditional college football experience the Mannings are looking for. You would think an early commitment would better allow a stronger class to be recruited around Arch.

You know that Saban would love to keep Manning away from CKS. Manning would be the cherry on top of the Saban career sundae. Allow Saban to go out on top after a couple of championships.

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I met Archie shortly after he moved to New Orleans. I should have been in awe, but at 14 yrs old, I wasn't, and I remember how genuinely a nice guy he was. Seems to be a family trait.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He hasn't committed to any School...yet. What Jeff's article is pointing out, is that, no matter the program he selects, he will have the ability to sign early, enroll in January 2023 and participate in next year's Spring practice with that school's football program.

Much like 80% of UGA's 2022 signing class that participated in this year's Spring Practice. Doesn't mean, that's what he will do, though. Just means, he's academically eligible to do it. A lot of high school Seniors don't have the credits/hrs to graduate early and have to wait till Fall Practice to make an impression.

It's a big plus.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...Yeah, I did. Looks like Jeff did too. I get what he was thinking though...Grad December 2022....Enroll January 2023

Get on it Jeff. Fix it. LOL

• Options

No idea? Seriously? Not a clue? Not even narrowed it down to 2 or 3 or 10 ? Come on man. It's ok to say I haven't made up my mind , but no idea? Purposely vague.