Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nick Saban says Texas A&M ‘bought every player on their team’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageNick Saban says Texas A&M ‘bought every player on their team’

It’s officially the offseason for college football, when many things that head coaches say on the speaking circuit get blown out proportion during the slow news days.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, someone was bound to mention it. 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    BASDawgBASDawg Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

Well, thank you, Captain Obvious!

• Options
    edubbedubb Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

Was Deon making a racist statement in response to Saban? So he would not have recruited the nations number one ranked football player if he had been white? So HBC’s can recruit only black athletes but if other colleges do it they are racists. Paid or not why is Deon only wooing black athletes. Sounds like the reverse of what was going on in college football decades ago.I guess HBC’s do not want the diversity they keep clamoring for? I am not making any accusations but definitely think something is screwed up here. So Our People does not include all people?

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bold statement by Saban. But completely intended. When Nick Saban focuses attention on the unplanned, unforeseen and unintended evolution of NIL people notice. All over the country his comments are being talked about today.

As a result the clamoring will hasten the changes necessary to take "NIL" payments out of the recruiting process. NIL was intended so that CFB players could sell their autograph (remember Todd Gurley?) etc etc NOT for buying recruits.

NIL is broken and will be adjusted if not fixed relatively quickly. Partly because of Saban's crusade to change/fix it.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@edubb,

There may be more insinuation in Saban's comment about Jackson State than Deion's response. Is the only reason Hunter chose JSU over Power 5 schools is because of NIL money? Seems strange because Power 5 schools probably could have offered a better NIL deal than what JSU could. Is it remotely possible the kid signed with JSU because he wanted to help raise the profile of the school like Deion is doing, and NIL is an added benefit?

Even though Coach Saban called JSU out publicly, I hope he and Deion can resolve this privately and make a public statement that puts this to bed because the potential for this to get REAL **** is already simmering as you can see in Deion's response.

• Options

Dawgnation Editors, is **** a bad word on this site? In my post, I wrote REAL **** and it was rejected.

• Options

DawgNation Editors, the four-letter word I used in my previous post starts with a U and ends with a Y. Is that a bad word on this site?

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The thing with hunter is this, yes he probably did get a little extra boost(probably more than a mill btw), but he has always wanted to be a 2 way player. But what he doesn't realize/coaches don't care to stop, a worn out 2 way player in college does not translate well to the NFL. How many NFL teams are gonna chase a 2500+ snaps player vs a well trained polished player from one position? This to me is the biggest downfall to deion, yes he did it back in his day, but things are different now. Alot more athletes now than back then. Nothing wrong with wanting to do it, but it makes no sense in the long run to NFL dreams. Why do they think NFL teams lay off running backs so much? More carries in college = shorter time in NFL.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep...more WOKE politics. They're probably owned by Disney...same as ESPN. LOL

I'm curious, though. I don't know much about Jackson ST. Do they NOT have white players on their team? If they do...I wonder what those kids thought about their Coach's obviously racist comments. If they don't...is it by design?

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

Terrible look for Sanders...and one of pure emotion (which may or may not include a smidge of guilt--lol). I'm sure the massive amounts of money played a role, but there's also a lot to be said about someone pulling on the ol' heart strings. Sanders knew EXACTLY which buttons to push, as well. I really hope Hunter doesn't adopt isolation and retreat as a coping mechanism, though. I mean, I'm all for circling the wagons, but this is a bit much. Great point about Hunter hurting his NFL stock by playing so much, but let's hope it works out for him.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does anyone want to address Deion's FSU education in spelling and grammar?

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I mean... he's not lying.