Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia baseball ‘punched in the face,’ falls to VCU and must beat Hofstra to avoid elimination

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited June 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia baseball ‘punched in the face,’ falls to VCU and must beat Hofstra to avoid elimination

Georgia baseball will be playing to keep its season alive after suffering an 8-1 loss to VCU on Friday night in the North Carolina Regional in Chapel Hill.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pitiful! SMDH! 🤬

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Silver_Britches are you really that surprised? This UGA baseball team has been over-hyped and over-ranked all season. The team needs a new head coach but that won't happen because in all other sports besides football, our athletic department leadership is OK with being just OK. We've quickly gone from being all but assured of hosting an NCAA regional to hoping for just one more game for the seniors.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Got no clue where the UGA Baseball will search for any offense next year when the Tate boys are gone. Another season, another pitiful end. I like Coach Strickland, but I think I've seen this movie before. Time to shake things up.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Football's my favorite sport; but sadly, Georgia athletics seems to be a zero sum game. The reason we occasionally do well in other sports is because the southeast is chocked full of so many great athletes, and some are bound to come to UGA despite the lack of investment. Wish it didn't have to be that way, and don't have a good answer. In any case, Go Dawgs!

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sad, sad, sad...

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Strickland simply cannot keep this team consistent...up and down. Surprised to see Cannon knocked out so early? The Dawgs lack leadership.

• Options
    Flydawg87Flydawg87 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Is Strickland’s time here come to an end? This team is so lacking in pitching and hitting and enthusiasm. UGA was gifted this tourney bid when two other teams were more deserving. It a shame, but only so much can be contributed to injuries when every team deals with them. Sadly, it’s a common theme every year…..fade at the end of a long season and hope for next year only to be out recruited by virtually every other SEC school.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stricklin is the baseball version of Tom Crean. Says the same thing over and over after every loss. Time for some new blood.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems to be the same story every season with Stricklin. Always tons of excuses and a decline throughout the season. Reminds one of so many of the other sports at UGA right now. Well past time for a change. Just look at the turnaround at UT; they were as bad as any SEC baseball program for quite a while until they hired a young and enthusiastic coach. UGA has gotten no better under Stricklin and as long as he remains, this will be the story each season.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is it because we won a national championship in football? Men's basketball was atrocious. Women's basketball was not memorable. UGA was bounced early in equestrian, and softball went nowhere.

• Options
    DrTomDrTom Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

hate to say it, but as I have said on here through the years, I love the Dawgs (Class of ‘73) but since his arrival in Athens this is the worst Post Season Coach in any sport I have ever seen!