Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia running backs earn national media praise ahead of pivotal 2022 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited June 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia running backs earn national media praise ahead of pivotal 2022 season

Georgia football running backs have both earned some praise from the National Media this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Two super backs, but don't forget about Edwards. There's something there, as well

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Conner, I'm a little baffled as to why you're considering the 22 season "Pivotal"? First, we have to replace top backs every year. Second, KS has elevated this program to "elite" status, reloading every year, nothing pivotal about that. The defense will fluctuate from good to great year to year. This team is solid and stacked with great athletes top to bottom. We may not win a NC every year but Pivotal?

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am looking forward to KM² tearing up opposing defenses.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You may not see a lot of differentiation between UGA's top 3 RB's in the number of touches they get per game (when healthy). You might even throw in #4 RB Robinson with almost equal touches should he start fast or be pressed into service by an injury..

Each player has value and a role. Milton's touches will be metered to try and ensure he remains healthy and able to contribute all season.

BTW throw out the player rankings (1- 250) on Rivals with regard to where RB's are ranked. Rivals has come out and outright said that they de-value the RB position in their rankings because the NFL does not emphasize drafting RB's high regardless of talent level. What? A talented kid at RB at the HS level is ranked below another less talented kid at another position even though the RB is likely to have a bigger impact at the CFB level. That is what Rivals has said. Wow! Dumbest "logic" ever. And why you see RB's , like BRobinson's rankings sliding the last couple years.

Gotta like the UGA RB room. Behind the UGA OL any of the 5 scholarship backs can have sustained success.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with others— don’t sleep on Daijun Edwards… has as much skill as any of them, but is practically invisible to many writers. I hope this tendency places a massive chip on his shoulder, and he “surprises” everyone this year. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I want to see KM^2 really shine this year, but Branson Robinson is the one I want to see tear it up!

If we play Alabama in the SECCG, I'd love to see him shut Danielson and Nessler up by running over the Alabama LBs and secondary.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been high on McIntosh since he committed. THink he's a swiss army knife type guy. THe RObinson kids is a Nick Chubber with perhaps more wiggle than Nick. Not saying he will be Nick but just using a comparison we're all familiar with. And Edwards really impressed me with his vision on the goal line in the SG where the hole intended was closed and he just bounced it outside. Really runs low to the ground with great balance. Should be fun. Hope the other kid can stay healthy.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Off topic , but for what it's worth: ON3 has published its top 10 tight ends for '22. The Georgia players 1. Bowers. 4. Gilbert. 6. Washington.

The only other SEC guys are Jaheim Bell (#3 - SC) and Michael Trigg (#10 - transfer to Ole Miss).

I can't wait to see the sets Monken comes up with for this TE crew. Could be a challenge to involve three (or four!) of them in plays, but if it works it'll be a coverage nightmare.

https://www.on3.com/news/top-10-tight-ends-in-the-on3-college-football-impact-300-brock-bowers-michael-mayer-arik-gilbert-jaheim-bell/

Also: Bowers is also ON3;s only TE among top 10 overall players. Jalen Carter is one ahead of Brock on that list at #6.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From what I've seen...he reminds me of Emmitt Smith. Hope he is at least as successful. There's another RB that doesn't seem to be on anybody radar...Andrew Paul, 5'11"/ 220 lbs. This kid is a sleeper that could be a breakout star in 2023. Look for him to find a few productive carries in 2022.

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don’t sleep on DE either. He will open some eyes too.

• Options
    TheRealDTTheRealDT Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

"And there is reason to believe the two are very much up to the task." I love these guys. They are talented and WORK HARD. Harder than I can imagine. However, both KM2 have been in the hot tub more than the field. I am concerned we are going with young backs who don't know routes and blocking when KM2 goes down. They have not shown the last 3 years to be on the field like Zamir and James. Hey Grif, bring the Zeus hate! Prove that KM2 is better. I hope you are right. We NEED them!