Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Cover 4 on Georgia football: Which three teams should the ‘Dawgs play every year no matter what?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageCover 4 on Georgia football: Which three teams should the ‘Dawgs play every year no matter what?

DawgNation’s “Cover 4″ concept is a popular live show on our streaming media platforms and a timely content piece on DawgNation.com, too.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Of course Tech out of conference. Not sure if the question is intended for in or out, but since the SEC is maybe going to select three, the obvious traditional rivals are:

Florida

Auburn

South Carolina

Tennessee is a great rivalry, but was not a regular before the divisions were established.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If all SEC opponents, which makes sense with 9 game SEC schedule:

1. Florida

2. Auburn

3. Tennessee

3. Georgia Tech if including others, and maintaining 8 game conf schedule.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...I don't think Jeff Sentell understood the question. Maybe somebody at Dawg Nation can break it down for the ole boy.

Clemson...at least as of tonight...is part of the ACC, not the SEC. I'd love to see em go back to playing Clemson every year, as they did in the '70's and '80's; however, that has no bearing on the issue regarding SEC scheduling.

My vote would be for FLA, AUB, TENN. Always and forever...unless BAMA is an option. Time to start a new annual rivalry. UGA vs BAMA is ripe for exploitation. That's just my opinion.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On second thought...maybe have 3 teams like FLA, AUB, TENN, and change it up every 10 or 12 years. Swap 1 team out for another.

I.e....

Year 1-10....vs FLA, AUB, BAMA

year 11-20...vs FLA, AUB, TENN

Year 21-30...vs FLA, AUB, SC

Something like that. UGA will make it's rounds with all the remaining 12 teams, 5 times through a 10 year period on a 9 game schedule, so nobody's missing out.

Or not. LOL. Either way, as long as I'm alive, I'm watchin' the game.

• Options
    TenzaiTenzai Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

Think Jeff forgot there won't be any more 3:30 or 7:30 games since the CBS deal will run out and SEC will go to ESPN and ABC. My picks are:

1. Auburn
    2. Florida
    3. Tennesse/South Carolina

1 and 2 are no brainers. 3 is up for debate.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

everyone is probably close. But have to look at all the teams and what their AD’s need/want. Was shocked that in the ACC that wake/unc were not linked. They play so much that they even schedule a non conference game with each other. Now a good debate/analysis would include who are FL, Bama, AU, SC and Tenn’s three and do they mesh with UGA?

• Options

I like the 10 year rotating idea. The SEC will be more interested in keeping 3 strong teams in the playoffs rather than giving the fans an Sept Bama/UGA matchup. But seasons change and how long will The top teams stay there and which will emerge in the future.

• Options

Tenn might not fit for UGA As they have Vandy, Bama, and Gators and maybe KY SC’s biggest are in the ACC and UGA, maybe A&M?. Bama has Tenn, AU, and LSU? Gators have UGA, AU/LSU, and TENN. AU is Bama, Gators/LSU, UGA.

once you look at tradition.TENN is not an option for UGA as they have 4 other teams that are more viable

of course TX, OK, and A&M each will cross two off of their list

Of course this is all a waste of a hot 4th as the SEC could blow up history