Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Projecting Georgia football offensive depth chart prior to 2022 fall practice

SystemSystem Posts: 10,669 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageProjecting Georgia football offensive depth chart prior to 2022 fall practice

Georgia football begins fall camp on Thursday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 279 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very helpful preseason summary, Connor.

• Options
    pepinpepin Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited August 2022

The slot receiver position is going to be interesting. Technically, Kearis Jackson and Dominick Blaylock are the best (former is leader is receiving yards, latter had the highest ranking coming out of high school) WRs on the team. However UGA may be better when lining up Brock Bowers and Arik Gilbert in the slot. Formations where Washington and Bowers/Gilbert are on the field at the same time. And formations when Washington is on the bench, Bowers is at TE and Gilbert is in the slot. At times, Gilbert at TE and Bowers in the slot too.

I would rotate Jackson, Mitchell and Blaylock on the outside (sorry McConkey, but this is just for one season) so that 2 of Bowers, Gilbert and Washington can be on the field at the same time as much as possible. None of the WRs currently on the team is going to be drafted in the first 3 rounds - except maybe Blaylock if he can log 2 healthy seasons in Athens - but both Bowers and Gilbert can be first round picks as well as Washington being the first blocking TE off the board.

Alabama and Ohio State are going to score a lot of points this year. I expect Clemson to be back to their old ways, because if DJ Uiagalelei can't get it untracked then Dabo will bench him for 5 star QB Cade Klubnik just as he ditched Kelly Bryant for Trevor Lawrence. (I know that Dabo Swinney is the least respected coach to win 2 national titles in history but even his many detractors have to acknowledge that in 13 seasons he has never missed on 2 QB recruits in a row. ) If Georgia is going to win 2 playoff games against high-powered offenses, they are going to need to figure out a way to feature their best guys, which are going to be Bowers, Jackson, Washington and (hopefully) Gilbert and Blaylock. I keep advocating for Washington because his edge blocking really can lead to more long runs by the tailbacks.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

RB room continues to be such a huge strength. Yeah, don't sleep on Edwards' ability to carry the rock and catch a few. So many people see Milton as the physical back and McIntosh as the better hands, while I see both as fully capable of both. No matter... Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think they'll look really good in the Fall. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There really isn't a need to rush TRatledge, TSmith or DWashington into action to start the season. UGA can safely bring them along slowly until the FU game. They won't be needed to beat the first 7 opponents.

On one hand UGA should beat OR by 14 pts after an interesting 1st half. On the other hand does BNix finally live up to his HS ranking? Hopefully no. Will be fun to watch.

KMilton and DWashington should have their touches metered throughout the season to give them a better chance to remain injury free the whole season. Both will be needed for important games at the end of the season.

Are WEricson's days as a starter over unless there is an injury to a starter? Ericson is very valuable as a substitute at OG or C and spot starter if needed. OG's Truss and Willock (and later Ratledge) give UGA a much more physical OL/running presence. Look for both to play a lot of snaps.

Fairchild, "a former top signee"? While a good get, according to Rivals there were 10 players (and 2 OL) in the UGA '21 class rated higher than Fairchild. MMorris is the bigger, higher rated OG prospect from the '21 class. Just sayin.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 180 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking at our O is like me being in a doughnut shop, So Many goodies Lol !! I could just repeat all the positives about this O but I won’t put y’all through all that. So Many Dawgs on the O greatly deserve credit and so many others that are new have Huge potential to offer. With that said to keep it shorter Lol, I want to brag on Ladd McConkey & Daijun Edwards. Ladd has ( Especially when you think of SEC caliber) been Absolutely Awesome !!! Here’s a kid coming from a smaller school where he primarily played QB and come to UGA and was coached up to be a receiver !! And in the Short, Short amount of time he’s done it ??!!?? Just WOW !! So Yeah I’m a big Ladd McConkey fan !! Now Daijun Edwards, this guy is a Beast !! He’s one of those type RBs that to me seems to get stronger with every touch he gets !! If not for Kenny Mac & Kendall Milton ( Two Super Hosses !!) he’d be The starter here at UGA and I’m convinced would be the feature back at Many schools including some in the SEC !! If he stays at UGA ( Please Don’t Leave Daijun !!) and stays free of significant injuries, his time Will come, and in the future he Will be the lead RB at UGA !! So Yeah count me as a big Daijun Edwards fan !!! This Dawgs O will be Very, Very powerful for the 2022/2023 season !! Dawgs fans have every reason to be optimistic !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with giving guys plenty of time to heal and then spreading the snaps around for preservation purposes.

I see both Morris and Fairchild as lockdown guards in a couple of years. The latter was a heavyweight state champ wrestler... great feet and hands, super agile for his size, meaner than heck, and strong as an ox... as the seasoned guys ahead of him go pro and he soaks up more of the playbook and practice against the best , he'll be more than just fine. Go Dawgs!