Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett provides insight into team mindset, why Georgia expects to win every game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,688 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett provides insight into team mindset, why Georgia expects to win every game

ATHENS — There will be plenty of questions surrounding the reloaded Georgia football team this season, but confidence isn’t one of them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...Mike, you're funny. What do you do, cut and paste previous remarks, into your articles?

It's about time you updated your material. I never heard you refer to Daniels, or any other player, by age and "a full grown man". Daniels was only a year younger than Bennett. How long before he's "a full grown man". LOL

Bennett may going into his sixth Collegiate year, BUT, his first 2 years were spent at the apprenticeship level, learning to play the position. He had the talent, not the Football IQ needed. Remember, he played HS ball at little ole Blackshear. I don't know how much you know about his high school years, but, I can assure you, his Dad wasn't a Coach and Blackshear's Coaches aren't exactly offensive geniuses. No offense to Blackshear.

A lot of the players that come out of small schools like Blackshear, MCA, Charlton Co., etc., rarely have an immediate impact at the DIV 1 level, particularly QB's. Herschel Walker did it on shear talent, but, Dooley said, Herschel had a lot to learn, when he arrived. Dooley spent the 1st year teaching him to follow his blockers.

Technically, this is his 6th year, but, in reality, it's his 4th year at the DIV 1 level. So, it's misleading to say it's his 6th year, when the first 2 years were spent running the scout team and a year of JUCO ball.

Also, it's time to drop the "walk-on" moniker. While he was a walk-on originally, he was recruited out of JUCO by Smart. I would think, after 2 years as sporadic starting QB with only 3 losses, a Natty. 2 CFP MVP performances, a 4th qtr come from behind victory against an Alabama defense ...maybe the "walk-on" moniker can be dropped and we can pick up the "Heisman Hopeful" moniker. Let's lead the National media down that path until he either proves us wrong or he sits on the Heisman stage.

Moreover, he was listed as the second best walk-on player, all-time. Right behind #1 Baker Mayfield. The media didn't refer to Baker Mayfield as a former walk-on, everytime they wrote a story about him. He got massive support for the Heisman going into his final year.

I don't see a whole lot of difference between Bennett and Mayfield. The biggest difference was the type of offense Oklahoma ran out of, vs UGA's style of offense In 2020-21, which was abbreviated because of injuries at the WR position and a dominant defense.

I believe UGA's offense is going to be something special this year and Bennett will put up some impressive numbers, utilizing TE's that run like RB's and some very capable and speedy WR's. Also, RB's catching the ball out of the backfield or off the edge, like Cook did several times last year.

Talk about weapons! Monkin is going to have the time of his life. LOL Man, I wouldn't want to be the DC that had to decipher UGA's offense, this year. It's going to be something College Football has never seen and will redefine the Tight End position.

Git 'er done...Dawgs!