Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The latest on Georgia-Florida game in Jacksonville, here’s what we know

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageThe latest on Georgia-Florida game in Jacksonville, here’s what we know

ATHENS — Georgia will provide an allotment of tickets for prospects who want to attend its game against Florida in Jacksonville this season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah this is a nothing-burger.

• Options
    DipSpitDipSpit Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman
    edited August 2022

Sooo … There’s actually nothing to report at all ? Nothing new ?

Wow.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

it's funny how when Richt asked for the exact same thing, no one listened, but now that Kirby (and his Natty) asks....it's hmm let's talk.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior

this report was a whole lot of nothing. Fine job

• Options
    pepinpepin Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophomore
    1. Previously they weren't able to leave tickets at all.
    2. This is still insufficient to meet Smart's demands.
  • Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is this why I am not getting my Jacksonville tix. I have received my tix for a number of years and now the Hartman number has gone up so we can provide tix to recruits? Another reason to bring the game to Athens!

• Options
    Alexander_the_LateAlexander_the_Late Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike wasn't around when Richt was coaching & he's (Mike) the one who keeps pushing this, as opposed to those who care more about the vacation/party than about recruiting or Athens losing out on millions of dollars or any of the many other benefits for both Athens, the fans, and the school. Thanks for your diligence, Mike!!

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

These Boosters need to listen to Coach Smart, you can vacation anytime, this is about winning Championships, recruits are the life blood of our football team, give Kirby the game in Athens, plus it brings in more money for the Athens community, stop padding Florida's pocket.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2022

Kirby will get what he wants, we all know that. The ONLY compromise I see that will work is the one mentioned, host it in GA every other year. That will even things up very fairly between UGA and UF.

That being said, it will not even things up between UGA and Bama or UF and Bama and not just Bama but many other schools, because the campus is still a drive from the stadiums and a lot of time is lost and some recruits may or may not want to travel back to Athens after the game since it will be probably about 9:00, at best, by the time they would get there.

Kirby will get exactly what he wants. Maybe he is fine with alternating neutral sites. Maybe he will compromise and give it a shot on a 2 year agreement and see how it goes. I would love alternating neutral sites! But Kirby wants every bit of spare time and help he can get, so I am guessing he will NOT compromise and will fight for home and home. And get it. Going to be interesting what it ends up being though! I hope its alternating neutral sites split 50/50! Love to see that in Atlanta!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 742 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    pepinpepin Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited August 2022

@ColumbusDawg

Hosting it in Georgia every other year is not a compromise as it gives UGA 100% and Florida 0%. Florida would choose a home-and-home over that. So please none of this "we offered them a compromise and they turned it down" nonsense.

Another thing is this "we need to maintain the advantage over Alabama" stuff. The earliest that Georgia will be able to host a home game will be 2024 when Nick Saban will be 73 years old. The next home game would be in 2026 when Saban will be 75. Who thinks that Saban will still be coaching then? The Alabama machine is already breaking down. Their starting RB, LT and 2 of their 3 starting WRs will be guys that they had to get from the portal, just as they had to get Jameson Williams last season. Their #1 CB came from the portal also. Their best defensive player in years is a guy that UGA decided to deprioritize. Sure, maybe CKS made a mistake but it still means that they could have gotten Will Anderson if they wanted him. Despite what anyone in Tuscaloosa tells you, they badly wanted Arch Manning too. And yes, after this season or next Bill O'Brien is going to leave and Saban is going to have to find yet another offensive coordinator. Who is going to want to take that job for a guy who is approaching mid-70s at a program on the decline with UGA, LSU, Florida and possibly A&M on the rise with Texas and Oklahoma on the way?

Just saying don't believe the "we need this to compete with Bama" stuff because by the time Georgia actually realizes any benefits from this Bama won't be a threat anymore anyway.

• Options
    DipSpitDipSpit Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman
    1. That’s not a new development.
    2. Still … Not a new development.